Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

matrox has NOT given up the gamers market!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrox has NOT given up the gamers market!

according to Johan de Gelas of Ace's Hardware, matrox has NOT given up the gamers market...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted in Ace's CeBit 2001 report
    Matrox has not given up on the gamers market either, but, unfortunately,
    that is all we can say for now. Stay tuned for more.
    </font>
    talk about breaking an nda, eh?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Oh yeah! He really spilled his guts there didnt he?
    "You win again gravity!"

Comment

note to the moderators: i know i cross posted, but i found this to be quite "big" news (and believable news, for once), and i added a link to this particular thread here in the matrox gaming forum.. would have closed the thread myself but can't since i'm no admin..

just to prevent anyone getting angry at me so late at night

AZ

Comment

Hello Az
        Luckily for me, I can and will wait until Matrox release their nextgen. However This level of secrecy is laughable, we are not dealing with area51 here .... Which leaves me thinking <conspiracy mode>why so much trouble to hide the details of a mere graphics card</conspiracy mode>.

All I can say is thank god for Aceshardware. 3 months of speculation down the drain has now been replaced by 3 months of further speculation.
        Anyone care to speculate

regards MD
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Well as I've said before, Matrox doesn't want to "pull an Osborne". No use touting a product that isn't ready for distribution; you'll just kill sales of your current competing products.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

*lol

if i woned matrox, i'd find it quite funny seeing all the rumors pop up and stuff

anyways, off to bed for now... gn8

AZ

Comment

xortam is right, and I agree to a point with matrox's secrecy policy thing. But damn, they don't bring out new product in several months (years?) and don't announce anything. How are we, Matrox zealots, gonna keep faith? If i knew matrox had something that'd i'd want comming out, than i'd happily wait for it. But if they're gonna pull another G450 on us, I'd rather just get an ATi card or something.

Damn, they won't even tell us their clock speeds, even tho it's soooooooooo obvious. Who are they trying to fool? Somebody explain the rationality behind not telling clock speeds.
              P3 650@897 | Matrox G400 32mb SH @ 175/233 | 128mb PC133 | SB Live | winME

Comment

IMO, they dont post clock speeds so they are not commited to a particular clock speed and can raise or lower the clock speed without telling anyone.

Dave

------------------
                What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Update:

In response to a skeptic in the Ace's forums, this is what johan had to say in response:

"Hehe, I understand, I had the same reaction. But trust me, they got
                  something real coming this time.

The G400 was targeted at Gamers too, just not at gamers only. "

http://www.aceshardware.com/board/ge...ge_id=30011723

Hmmmm...

Homer
                  Homercles

Comment

tsskk... and you all need Ace's Hardware to keep faith in M?

Of course they will deliver... and how

Comment

well, we all knew there would be coming something at some foggy point in future, now we know summer, and we know they're working on more than nda's

AZ

Comment

Bah.. more mystical babblings about something coming 'soon'.

I'm losing what faith I have left in M very quickly. If they at least said its going to be a semi-gaming card then I'd feel a lot better.. but all of the bull$^it to keep it quiet is bothering me. As mentioned earlier, I don't want to be waiting around and have M pull another 'G450'

Comment

me neither.. and i really don't think matrox will let us down this time, you just oughta read between the lines (i get the impression that i am making a fool out of myself )

AZ

Comment

I don't know if it's possible to 'pull' another G450 - I mean what can they add besides performance?

Or did we say that with the G400 as well

P.
                            Meet Jasmine.
                            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                            X