Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore demo problems! (ofcourse)

Hi.

Downloaded the gore demo... all I see is messed up grafics, and some green squares. When I finally get in-game, all textures are gone, and the HUD is corrupted too.

It figures, again a demo not compatible for Matrox. This really pisses me off, I'm really considering throwing this piece of **** in the trashcan and buying a Nvidia card. THis sucks. Anyone bugfixed this yet? Now I'm going to bed regretting ever buying a G400....

Any help would be welcome....

Win2k
    5.33 drivers
    all hardware working and all...

I've had it...

Kruzin:
    Edited for vulgar content.
    The kind of language used repeatedly in your post is unaccptable for a public forum with younger members.
    You're lucky I didn't just delete the whole thing.
    Concider yourself warned.

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 11 March 2001).]
    In case it's a harware problem:
    PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
    Win2K drivers: 5.52

Don't know if it'll work, but you should defiitely try it with the NEW drivers. The 5.51 Win2K drivers have been out for a while now.

If it still doesn't work, then by all means - complain away

Comment

I have Win2K and the 5.51 drivers and Gore won't work for me. If you read the notes, it says the G400 "Failed" the tests. I just get a screen of garbled green boxes that must be a menu of some sort I imagine. I think it's more a fault of the game developer's and not Matrox. The only cards they recommend are the Nvidia ones and I know they don't have that great of drivers. The Voodoo 5 (not the Voodoo 3 which I have also) and the ATI Radeon are supposed to work too.

Comment

My apologies for my 'vulgar' language in my previous post to all the young childeren here.

Comment

Handsome Pete:

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004819.html

Comment

Faran: I just read that thread and I checked that my DH is disabled (it is) and Gore doesn't work for me, either. win2k and 5.51

I think it's sad for us Matrox owners that they appear to have tested it on a G400 and just gone "nope, Matrox's fault" and given up. The matrox OpenGL implementation can't be that bad when most other games run almost flawlessly with it.

Mine looks just the same as yours does - basically corrupted textures (they're mostly green blobs) and I can't even get through the menus - can't see what's what!

What sucks even more is that the game servers I normally play at have a Gore server running, and they've had problems with it crashing, so the developers of Gore are using that server for testing purposes. If I could get in a game I may be able to talk to them person-to-person about it, but alas!

May have to resort to playing it on my gf's pc - celery 450 w/ TNT1.
            <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

Hey Guys,
              We are aware of the problem with Gore and let me assure you that we're fixing it as we speak, i am going to try to have an update as soon as possible. Don't feel bad if it doesn't run yet, the game is far from being done

Thanks,

------------------
              "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
              "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

ahh... great! that way I can prove my flatmates once again that you don't need super-duper resolution and framerates to win a game

Comment

Thanks for the info, ROM!
                  jim
                  System 1:
                  AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                  Epox 8K7A
                  2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                  an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                  SBLIVE 5.1
                  Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                  IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                  Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                  3Com Hardware Modem
                  Teac 20/10/40 burner
                  Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Thank you very much ROM for the update!

Comment

Hey Guys,
                      We resolved the problem internally, the game runs like a charm now with textures and everything, i'll make sure it gets in the next drivers,

Regards,

------------------

Comment

is that a fast response, or a fast response? A fix within _one_ external driver update!

Bring it on! 'cause it's a fun game to multiplay against friends

Comment

Amazing.

Paul
                          paulcs@speakeasy.net

Comment

Nice work, ROM!
                            jim
                            System 1:
                            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                            Epox 8K7A
                            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                            SBLIVE 5.1
                            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                            3Com Hardware Modem
                            Teac 20/10/40 burner
                            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

The drivers that have the fixes are out as promised, let me know if you experience any issues with the game,

Thanks,

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X