Problems with Tribes 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Tribes 2

was tring out a friends copy of Tribes 2 yesterday, and had a bunch of texture probs and rendering probs (mainly with the sky and water) the problems are there in both D3D and opengl.

i had similar probs with tribes one, but that was because of the turbogl (which i haven't installed onto tribes 2 yet)

anyone else have these troubles?

------------------
    Slow people are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.
    no harm, no foul.

I got the same problems that you have. I got corupted text and rendering in both openGl and D3D sucks. I have problems with a lot of games made by sierra like Homeworld, Tribes1 and starsiege. I am buying myself a Geforce2 now, the hell with matrox.
    Louis

Comment

Sierra is the distributor, not the maker of those games.

I and several others here didn't have any problems with Homeworld with a G400. It was gorgeous. I had several problems with a Geforce2 in Cataclysm.

Lets see, I'm looking at the Tribes box. The G400, as well as cards other than those from 3DFX never claimed to do Glide, so what do you expect?

Comment

Guys which drivers are you using, i didn't see any problems while testing Tribes 2 with the latest drivers, please make sure you are.

Thanks,

------------------
        "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
        "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

im using the latest 6.50 drivers.
          which API are you using? and what res. and colour depth are you using. by switching those around a got rid of the problems i was havng with the water.

[This message has been edited by drzaius (edited 02 April 2001).]
          no harm, no foul.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Try turning off the Fogging effects. I was reading that the Matrox cards do not handle the Fog very well.

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X