Worms 2 in Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worms 2 in Win2k

Has anybody gotten Worms 2 to work in Win2k?

Here's the deal. I got it back in the day when I had NT4, and it worked like a champ. When I upgraded to Win2k it didn't work, IIRC. Just messing with it tonight, but to no avail. I also have a very crappy CD drive that really doesn't like to read the CD, and thus I want to use a no CD crack for it. That didn't work at all, it just gave me a runtime error.... No worms2 for me....

Has anybody gotten it to work at all in Win2k? (yes, I know, redundant question)

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

It worked without a problem for me....

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Well, I got it working, just no sound. Damn Toshiba has to use proprietary audio connectors on the drive, and of course I don't have the right connector. My drive that does have the audio connector is the one that sucks big time....

So anyways, the issue with it is that the game has to be run from the first CD drive letter that appears. Regardless of which drive you install from, it must be run from the lowest CD drive letter....something that I figured out tonight....

So it works, just no music.

b
      Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Working...
      X