Upgraded computer, big probs with Colin McRae 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded computer, big probs with Colin McRae 2.0

Just bought a Duron 800 and a Asus A7V133 mobo.

When I start Colin McRae Rally 2.0 I just get a totally screwed up picture (rolling sideways sort of). I can hear the game running in the background though! Had same problem with Q3, but got that sorted out.

I have G400 32MB DH, Win ME, and using Matrox 6.50 drivers.

Edit: Oh yeah... and I installed the Via 4 in 1 drivers

Edit: Ran the DXDIAG program. And did the directdraw and Direct3D tests. And when trying to draw in full screen mode I get the same result as with CMR2. So not so much a CMR2 problem as a Dirct3D/Draw problem.

Any suggestions... any at all?

[This message has been edited by Chris B
    (edited 24 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Chris B (edited 24 March 2001).]
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Maybe you should try the Matrox support forum.
    (http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/forum/agree.cfm)

Regards,
    Yanee

Comment

When you did this upgrade, did you do a fresh install of windows and the game?
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yep...

format c:

and reinstalled from scratch.
        If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

HA... got it working.. bagged ME (piece of crap) and installed Win98!

Everything running smoothly (for now)

DonĀ“t know why you guys are in such a hurry to get the next generation Matrox card, cause my G400 kicks ass

Comment

Working...
          X