I need mo' performance for cs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need mo' performance for cs!!

YO I need to make cs faster for me! I only got 64MB and lots of HD grinding! I need more ram.

So can you cs gurus tell what settings i need for a smoother game.

_____

mga g200 (cool dude!!!)
    64mb
    Celery 333

With ram prices at an all time low, for heavens sake buy at least 128 meg. Best bang for the buck.

New CPU. What MB do U have?

Graphics card... but I'd wait just a bit. New stuff is almost out and you'll sure see prices drop on what already is great, go lower.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

OK Mister moderator...but i was asking a qwwwwwwuestion here!
      Anybody outthere know any useful commands and not memory pricelistings!!??

(if it is THAT important -which i think not- i got a GA-6BXC mobo)

Comment

I just upgraded my system, and upping the RAM helped me most of all.

------------------
        Epox 8KTA3 w/ Duron 850@7*133 with Alpha 6035, 256MB Crucial 7E, G400MAX,SBLive!-MP3,Pioneer 10x DVD, Plextor 12/10/32A, IBM 45GB 75gxp, and a Sony 420GS. Running RH7.0 (2.4.0-final), and Win98 (when I have to).
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by G200 PSYCHOMAN:
          (if it is THAT important -which i think not- i got a GA-6BXC mobo)
          </font>
          Well that is a at least good indicator that you might want to consider OCing your Celeron to 500MHz (100MHz FSB) like I did with mine a while ago ...

That would give an instant speed boost of ~50%.

Cheers,
          Maggi

PS: Btw, Greebe is absolutely right ... get some RAM for instant speed boost. (W98 alone needs ~40MB depending on your setup)
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

PS: also OC your G200, mine went up quite well and gave me another boost in performance back then.

I cannot help you out with CS settings though.
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

No matter what you do to your PC you wont be able to beat paying, wait for it, £19 for an extra 64MB RAM.
              It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
              Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

ok
                Thanks for trying to help me with the commands.

I use 95 to save resources - i don't think there is anything good about 98 anyway!

I already overclockde my cpu (333) to 416 this is the maximum for me. But i hate overclocking me - cause i lose the since of security.
                same goes for clocking my g200 - i don't want to stuff it up!

Couterstrike runs OK ,AFTER around 3-5mins loading up for a stage!!!!!

I just want to know any useful commands for increasing performance (just a little) but not taking a way too much detail. ( i play at 640x480)

I am thinking of getting ram! So stop giving me these 'revolutionary ideas' to buy some!!!

Comment

ohyeah...
                  when i load halflife, i don't see the to intros.....there's only a white screen with black stripes and an error message saying something like - 'decompressor not found'.

any ideas??

Comment

Start up Half-Life like:
                    hl.exe -console
                    to get rid of the videos completely. Who needs 'em?

Comment

>any ideas?

I have an idea. It sounds like you're also using a warezed copy of HL.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Liquid snake, ive already did the console thingy i just wanted to know why it was like that because it works on my friends computer - it doesn't even work when you use realplaya or wma to view it (think it is a non-halflife related problem!).

Wombat, what makes you say that?? a friend copied it for me! this has nothing to do with warez or whatever this is related to some missing file/s on my comp.

ok, tanks for the ever so helpful feedbak from the "matrox" community!

Comment

Copied versions of HL are notorious for doing this.

Sorry if you don't find this helpful to your cause.

Go to the store, pay 19 bucks and get the game, it's worth it and the people who made the game deserve to get paid.

Rags

Comment

gl_zmax sets max size for zbuffer
                            gl_ztrick can speed up rendering
                            gl_max_size set max texture size

can someone tell me what they think is the optimal setting is for my 8MB SD ram mga g200? and maybe why?

Comment

When I had my G200 8meg card and a cel300a, I had win95 as well. I upgraded to 98se and I got a large boost in speed, both from the AGP being properly implemented and FAT32 (iguess). ANyways it was noticabley faster in benchies as well as seeing it in games. And 98se _never_ made me reinstall for the whole year I had it on my hd. Sometimes I wish I would have stayed with it. And use pd5.41 (or5.52) with the ogl ICD from 6.10. Bench first and after, you will see. Use the uninstaller tho, to rid your system of whatever it has on it now. Best of luck.

------------------
                              AsusP3B-F,P3 880 Slot1, 256mgsPC133,G40032megSH, Diamond MX300,13.5gigs of HD's,52X CDrom,WinME, PD 5.41 w/ 6.10ICD,Altec Lansing ATP3Subwoofer,
                              Envision 17",Terrayon Cable modem w/D-Link nic,1 grey cat,1 black cat & 1 calico
                              AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X