Video Input probs - Marvel G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Input probs - Marvel G400

OK, well I just got my Marvel G400 and when using the test connection utility included, TV Tuner seems to work (although a lot of channels are missing) but when testing the TV Input/Capture, the test fails saying the cables aren't connected. Any ideas? I already tried reconnecting the cables with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Using Powerdesk 5.30 and video tools 1.51.
    Celeron 300a @ 450MHZ
    ABIT BH6
    CuBIG 128MB PC-100
    STB Velocity TNT 4400 AGP
    Maxtor 27.2GB (5400RPM), Maxtor 10.0GB (7200RPM)
    Adaptec 2940U SCSI-2 PCI Controller
    SB Live! Value
    Linksys EtherPCI Lan II Ethernet card
    Plextor 12/20 Plex SCSI CDROM
    Sony 948s 4x8 SCSI CD-R
    Iomega Zip100 Ext-SCSI
    Altec Lansing ACS48 Speakers
    Nokia 447L 17" Monitor
    Sandisk USB Imagemate

------------------
    -=ODiN=-
    -=ODiN=-

Odin,

I presume that you mean the "Video Input" test ? Make sure that your VCR is switched on and playing ! No input signal = error

Comment

Yes, the Video Input TEST.... oh, is that only for input devices like VCRs and Camcorders, because I assumed that it would work even for TV input....
      -=ODiN=-

Comment

Yes, that tests the Video-in line.

You did the right thing using the TV test to check the tuner.

You can now run PC-VCR and run the auto-tune function to see if it helps on those missed channels (select TV and then right click over the remote, select properties/TV setup/auto scan)

Comment

Yes, that tests the Video-in line.

You did the right thing using the TV test to check the tuner.

You can now run PC-VCR and run the auto-tune function to see if it helps on those missed channels (select TV and then right click over the remote, select properties/TV setup/auto scan)

Comment

Ok, I was actually being stupid and thought that I didn't need a cable box to get the missing channels.... but, my problem now is that the signal is clear, but there's a lot of interference (shaking at the top and sides).... could it be because I'm using a cable splitter and a 16ft cable from the BOB to the cable box? I actually tried switching it with the 5ft one that connects from the cable box to the outlet, but that just made it worse. Any ideas? Do I need to spend the extra money and get gold connectors and/or shorter cables? Thanks in advance.

------------------
            -=ODiN=-
            -=ODiN=-

Comment

Oops

Sorry, we need a TV engineer for that one. I'm sure that there are one or two hanging around this place somewhere ....

BTW I have a cable box and didn't know how to hook it in to the tuner. If I use the RF out it can't really pick up all 60 channels can it ? On the other hand, if I hook up the cable input instead, I don't have a decoder. What's the answer ?

Comment

Well, it seems to work with the cable box, with the output from the cable box going to the BOB, but like I said.... most of the cable channels (maybe all cable channels) are messed up a bit.... I'll post a clip to see if anyone can see what's wrong.

------------------
                -=ODiN=-
                -=ODiN=-

Comment

Well, it seems to work with the cable box, with the output from the cable box going to the BOB, but like I said.... most of the cable channels (maybe all cable channels) are messed up a bit.... I'll post a clip to see if anyone can see what's wrong.

And to follow up on my last post, I tried switching the 16ft cabling with a 4ft and that didn't do anything, and I even tried even hooking up the cable straight to the outlet rather than through the splitter. Please help anyone! Maybe it's a driver issue....

------------------
                  -=ODiN=-
                  -=ODiN=-

Comment

Working...
                  X