This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo2 Battle.net problem

OK...not Matrox specific, but hey...it could help other murcers who run into the same prob..

I am having a problem connecting to battle.net with Diablo2. When trying to connect, it "queries gateway", but when "connecting to fastest server" it does not find any, thus no internet gaming.

The problem first manifested after I played the game on my local LAN. I have 2 net cards in my system...one for the LAN, one for the cable modem. Battle.net used to work fine, but ever since a pal came over, loaded D2 on my kids PC, and we played over the LAN, I can no longer connect to battle.net. My first guess is that the game is not tring to access battle.net through the correct net card. I have even tried to disable the LAN net card to force the game to look to the only active net card, but that didn't work.

Ideas?
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

try reainstalling d2. your chars will be untouched, all you have to do is d/l the patches again but since you are on cable this won't take very long and it does so automatically when connecting to bnet..

don't know if this helps, but i'd give it a try nonetheless..

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well, a reinstall didn't help.
      Still won't connect to battlenet.
      Bummer, cause I want to do some trading on-line...been in touch with a guy with a complete set of Sigon's Steel he is willing to swap...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

i doubt it works, but try the gateway selector (for mac click here

could you post your error message?

AZ

Comment

Nope. That gateway selector did nothing. It couldn't even see that the game is installed.

The error message I get is:
          "If using a modem, you may need to connect to your Internet Service Provider before connecting to Battle.net"

The solutions offered for this error code have no bearing on my situation. There is no modem in system, and I'm not an AOL user.

The guy I am going to swap with is going to host a TCP/IP game (but not til sat night), and we will see if I can get there with a direct IP# instead of through battle.net

Comment

If this thread is posted by someone else, most likely you would have moved it to soap box long ago.

Anyway, your problem is that Diablo 2 didn't see your cable network card therefore it can't find any internet connection. This is most likely written in the registry and reinstalling the game won't help. Try following:

1) Uninstall Diablo 2 and remove both network card from windows by deleting them in system, control panel.

2) turn off computer, physically removed them from your box

3) reboot without both network card

4) shut down and reinstall both network cards in your box.

5) Windows will detect them again and follow windows instruction and reboot again.

6) check that both your lan and cable internet network card are working.

7) reinstall Diablo 2

An easier way is to look into your windows registry's Diablo 2 folder and there should be an entry that you can change back to your cable network card. Since I am on W2K right now and my Diablo 2 is with WinME, don't really want to check for you.

If above doesn't work, contact Diablo support forum for help at battle.net

Comment

APV- I would not have moved a game related thread to TSB. There are many threads in this forum about games that are not Matrox specific. Totally off-topic, non-game related threads are the ones that get moved.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions from all. I did go through the registry, but found no obvious keys to change.

However...after over a week of it not working, it just started working again. Don't know why, but it did. So trading can go on =)

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If this thread is posted by someone else, most likely you would have moved it to soap box long ago.</font>

Obviously you haven't read here often enough.

Rags

Comment

erm... erm.. oh, well... considered writing an email to bliz?

automated support page

contact information page

ah yeah, and in your d2 folder there should be a .txt file with a name like D2010320.txt (its an errorlog named after the date it's been created), maybe that can tell you something about your problem (but i really don't know)

AZ

Comment

oh, i see i did just take a little too long to post my posting

nice to hear it working again

.=AZRAEL=.@Europe

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rags:
                      If this thread is posted by someone else, most likely you would have moved it to soap box long ago.</font>

Obviously you haven't read here often enough.

Rags

To be honest this forum is getting boring everyday, all I see is post from school kids that frame anyone that disagree with them. although I still think this post should belong to the soap box but it is actually a refreshing post that haven't appear in the murc forum for a long while.

Comment

APV, what is your problem dude?!

This clearly isn't a SB thread, if anything it's one for GH/S. But then that's up to the Moderator. If you don't like how we run the show, then by all means don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out.
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yea, what he said.

The only boring thing I find about these forums is certain whiners who always think they know how to do everything better, offer little or no productive input, and only sign on to bellyache about something.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.
                          The game is mystically working now, and I got my trading done. Since my problem has been eliminated, and this thread is obviously not going to produce anything worthwhile, it is now closed.

Comment

Working...
                          X