G450 & CS 1.0 Hangup´s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 & CS 1.0 Hangup´s!

Have some problems with my G450DH! it hangsup from about 40min to 2h....not funnie... and it´s not just the game it´s the coputar that hangsup..:!

Spec:

Aopen AX3s
    PIII 800
    384Mb ram hyndai,spectec
    scsi hd 9,1 gb Lvd 10k rpm fujitsu
    scsi cd toshiba 40x
    scsi burner teac 8x/32
    IDE 46,1gb ibm
    videologic Sonic Vortex 2 soundcard
    Network card 3C905C-txm
    Scsi card Tekram 390 u/uw2 "newest"

haven´t got some cooling on the card but have tried w. no results!

have 29 c in the tower!

no overclocking at all..!
    Have the newest bios on the cards and the newest drivers 4 all stuff in the computer..!

------------------
    Hate Das Lame Campa!
    Hate Das Lame Campa!

Forgot to say that i have W2k in the computer!!!

------------------
    Hate Das Lame Campa!
    Hate Das Lame Campa!

Comment

g400 and win me, same thing. hangs up after awhile. screen fills up with millions of colors. if whole system doesnt die, big black block replaces mouse pointter, but screen stays blur whatever i do. your hangup similar? anyone, help, please.

Comment

Hey theoldprat

Try underclocking the card or using their Tweak util and forcing AGP 1x.

Maybe the card is over heating or the RAM is bad!!

Comment

thx chapel, i suspect the ram also. only difficult to convince the retailer to believe it too. underclocking didnt do the job, crashed again. card does not seem to get very hot, had a voodoo before and u could fry eggs on it.

Comment

You don't have to convince the retailer, you just have to convince Matrox Tech Support. Goto www.matrox.com and go to their tech support forums, and they will assist you.

Rags

Comment

I had the same kind of problem... lots of colours flickering on the screen... I managed to fix it by putting my VIO dip switch on for adding some extra voltage for 3.3volts and worked!!!! then also my counter-strike hangs, just stoppes and maybe a black box if a mouse pointer was present... however I managed to get around that problem by reinstalling windows... halflife still tilts, but this time you can get the system working and with ctrl+alt+del it's possible to close half-life and restart it... I think it's some clitch in the opengl drivers... anyhow some of the problems might have beeen caused/fixed by tweaking when I overclocked my prosessor to 400@450... my current AGP speed is 75*2/3=50mhz instead of the normal 66mhz

I hope this helps...

_Flipin-

[This message has been edited by Flipin (edited 17 March 2001).]

Comment

like i said, underclocking doesnt seem to do a trick, but overclockin sure does!! used matrox latest tweak and overclocked only 5%, and there u are, crash every time. there is definitely somethin wrong with my card. must try that matrox forum recommended earlier. thx to you all.

Comment

Working...
                X