2 Questions: MSP on NT & MSP on Athlon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions: MSP on NT & MSP on Athlon

I'm currently running MSP 5.2 on Windows98 on a Celery @450 and was wondering if NT is a better platform stability/speed for MSP with a Marvel?

AND

Has anyone tried MSP with a Marvel or RR on an Athlon based system?

Regards,

Richard

------------------
    BH6/300a@450/128MB
    Maxtor 17.2GB/
    GXP 10GB/Fireball KA on
    FastTrack66/Marvel G200/
    MX300
    BH6/300a@450/128MB
    Maxtor 17.2GB/
    GXP 10GB/Fireball KA on
    FastTrack66/Marvel G200/
    MX300

Hi Richard,

I've been trying to get my Marvel G-200 and Ulead MSP to work under NT and I am sure not having much luck with it. I have a dual boot setup, so I can boot either 98 or NT. Everything works perfectly under 98. Under NT... well, let's just say it's not really usable.

Rick
    http://www.Hogans-Systems.com

Comment

Well thanks for the info Rick!

I tried installing NT onto the system and then gave it SP5 in the mistaken belief that it allow NT to use a FAT32 partition. HAH! Microsoft lies!!

Anyway, good to know I'm running as well I as I can with 98.

Richard

------------------
      BH6/300a@450/128MB
      Maxtor 17.2GB/
      GXP 10GB/Fireball KA on
      FastTrack66/Marvel G200/
      MX300
      BH6/300a@450/128MB
      Maxtor 17.2GB/
      GXP 10GB/Fireball KA on
      FastTrack66/Marvel G200/
      MX300

Comment

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure where you heard that SP5 would allow you to access a FAT32 partition from NT... I have not heard this anywhere.

If you want to be able to access FAT32 partitions from NT, there is a FAT32 driver available from www.sysinternals.com. They have a free version, which provides read-only access to FAT32 partitions and non-free version ($25 or $30, I think?) which gives you read and write capability.

I am using this to allow me to use my FAT32 formatted Fast Trak RAID from NT and it seems to work just fine. It didn't really solve any of my other problems with NT, but at least now I can use my RAID.

Rick
        http://www.Hogans-Systems.com

Comment

Working...
        X