Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 or Rallying games

Hi everyone
    I've been playing NFS 5 (great game btw!) for quite some time now, and now I'm bored with it. I like mainly driving games, so I decided to try rallying and went out to buy CMR 2. But that game is not available here.
    So I'll have to get something else. And for that, who can I ask for suggestions but you (da best!!)MURCers!! I am currently leaning towards 4x4 driving games, so any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Ovi

My system: P-III 450, 128 MB PC100 SDRAM, i440zx Mobo, Millennium G200 8MB

[This message has been edited by Ovi (edited 10 March 2001).]

I'd just like to mention that when I installed CMR 2 on my computer it screwed up my joystick drivers (MS Sidewinder FF 2) to the point where I had to reinstall Win98 to get it to work.

Comment

Ovi - I just can recommend CMR 2.0, it`s amazing ! Maybe you can order it via internet ...

MK

------------------
      Celeron II 860 MHz + Golden Orb
      256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E(CAS2)
      G400 16MB @ PD 5.52 + TGL
      20 GB IBM on HPT U-ATA100 RAID
      Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
      <font size="1">
      Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
      ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
      Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
      2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
      256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
      Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
      ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
      Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
      Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
      Plustek Optic Pro U12B
      HP Deskjet 959C
      Plantronics LS1 Headset
      all on W2k Professional SP2
      </font>

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
        Gobrob: I'll look up for some more info on Insane
        In the meantime,I managed to get hold of a demo of Screamer 4x4. The game seems to be quite nice, but in the demo, Direct3D is disabled, only OpenGl is available, which is kinda like that in Unreal Tournament, dark and jerky! But it seems that Direct3D rendering is separate, again as in Unreal, and not like the Direct3D<-->OpenGl wrapper as in Half-Life. So I can only guess that Direct3D rendering will be much better. Anyone tried this game out?
        Thanks
        Cheers
        Ovi

Comment

"INSANE" is a really good 4x4 racing game.One of the best physics and excellent graphics.I only played it for a few minutes so i can't recommend gameplay too too much,but what I saw impressed me.
          gobrob

Comment

Hey Ovi,

Why not try 4x4 Evolution by G.O.D Games. I think it's better that Screamer and I've played both. As for Rally games I have to double what MK said.

Comment

Okay, after trying again, I couldn't find Colin McRae 2 in any shop here. BooHoo, here goes my rallying desires (for now at least!)
              As for 4x4 ,I found only 4x4 evo here, which I bought. Its quite nice, but after playing NFS5, its graphics and realism levels seem to be nowhere, but the game is nice. One thing though, the game is too dark. Is there any way to brighten it up, other than external controls like monitor brightness etc.??
              Thanks for your suggestions guys
              Cheers
              Ovi

Comment

Working...
              X