Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT2000 on WIndows 2000

A couple of questions on the RT2000...

Does anyone know if Matrox are planning on releasing Win2k drivers for the RT2000 either simultaneously with its release or shortly after?

When/where is available in the UK?

Can you control a Sony DSR30 DV player with it - eg scan the tape, pick sections to capture then leave it while it downloads the bits you want

Finally - this is probably a remote possibility but - can you play off a DV tape into the card whilst realtime keying a graphic (eg logo in the corner) and output to the S-video.

Cheers

James

Generally Matrox releases drivers for an updated OS after that OS has been released.

Since Microcrap has *again* postponed the delivery of Win2000 I don't forsee Matrox releasing drivers for it until they see what Microcrap has done to it in this latest delay.

I'm REALLY beginning to root for Linux....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

What's the hurry,

It will take MicroS**t at least two more years after the release date (whenever that might be) to get it working anyway.

Looking at what they have released since W95, makes you wonder if they have any kind of QA department for any other features than the Easter Eggs.
      (how do you like the feature in Office97, that actually replaces each and every character in your document into a question mark ???)

Pertti

Comment

Of COURSE Micros**t has an SQA Department!!

They're called "customers".

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

?? ???

??? ??? ??? ??????????? ???? ?

??????

Comment

OK enough on the Seattle Smurfs, has anyone had a serious go on the RT2000 - does it live upto the hype.

I know it's not quite up to the standard of the Digisuite, but for a fraction of the price it seems to do most things I could need.

NB. I film on a mix of Hi8, DV and 16mm film. The latter would be telecined onto Beta with a timecode then when edited I want to be able to save an EDL file to give the lab so they can cut & print the film.

James

Comment

Working...
            X