X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32MB G400 DH modifications

1) Can I fit a Blorb? If yes, how?
    2) Can you place ramsinks on the memory modules? Planning to use generic ramsinks w/ Artic Silver adhesive. Do you place it on all the 8 modules(4 in front and 4 at the back)?
    3) How do you remove the heatsink in the safest and best possible way?
    4) Any links to sites that answer any of my questions?
    5) Comments and suggestions would be very much welcome.

1. Yes, thermal epoxy or an insulated solid wire similar to those used in the kids toys to hold them in place.

2. Yes, Frag tape or thermal (silver) epoxy on all mem chips (8).

3. usually a fine tip common screw driver works to pry off (be gentle), freezing it may help in removing the HS. Radio Shack and other local electronic supply stores carry normally carry a electronics part cooler in a can for ~$5-10 a swat.

4. how about here.

5. That sounds like a fine setup
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I did a similar thing with my G400MAX. I've epoxied heatsinks on all 8 SGRAM chips, and also epoxied a small fansink on the back of the board behind the gpu, as that helps pull off some heat.
      I also lapped the fansink that came with the board, and slapped some arctic silver on.

Removing the fansink should be pretty easy.. mine was just attached with 2 little retainer clips and thermal transfer tape, so it came off with pretty much no effort.

Comment

Relocated to Matrox Hardware.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X