G400 + HL/TFC + 6.23drivers =

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 + HL/TFC + 6.23drivers =

Transparent walls! Well, at least I think that's the combo that's doing it. I used the 6.21 drivers before and had no problem.

Seriously, this ain't as cool as it sounds...it's damn near impossible to tell where a wall is now. Sometimes I think i can shoot an enemy, when in fact I can't. Other times, I think I"m safe and get killed anyway.

I get this defect at random, and it doesn't seem to matter when servers I join. Anyone else come across this problem?

Any screenshots of what you're seeing?

Comment

I have never seen this.
      Do you have 32bit z-buffer enabled in Powerdesk?
      You could also try d/ling the Matrox TS Tweak Util (MTSTU), and setting your OpenGL for accuracy (you are running in OpenGL mode, right?).
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Here are some images:

That explosion is outside the respawn room, while I'm still inside!

Here you can see the staircase!

bunch of transparency here; check out the respawn door in the upper left, which you can't normally see from the ground.

I'm using Direct3D and I've toggled the Z-buffer setting, but nothing changes.

[This message has been edited by JerryH2 (edited 23 February 2001).]

Comment

Why don't you try OpenGL? Halflife uses an OpenGL to Direct3D wrapper anyway when you run in Direct3D, resulting in odd behaviour and at least lower performance (when you configure OpenGL correctly)

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 23 February 2001).]

Comment

that picture quality looks like s*it.... are you setting picmip or something?

and try opengl, the older matrox drivers were really bad for opengl, and i was using D3D too, but you should really try OpenGL now, you will find it is much faster, and it is much better looking...

------------------
            P5A-B MoBo w/AMD K6-266@300 (100mhz FSB)
            Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP (oh, lets party)
            Creative SB Awe32 (a classic, superb card)
            Realtek 8029A NIC Card
            128meg (2x64) 100mhz SDRam
            Ali V agp chipset (2x)
            30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
            6.4 gig HD 5400 RPM UDMA 66
            ALI 1543 IDE Controller (ATA 33)
            Optiquest Q53 15" Monitor
            Actima 36X CD-Rom
            Slackware Linux 7.1
            Windows 95B (for gaming)
            ICQ UIN: 24730025
            <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
            VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
            Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
            128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
            Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
            Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
            Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
            Realtek 8029A NIC Card
            Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
            Actima 36X CD-Rom
            Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
            Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
            Windows 2000 (primary)
            Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

Comment

That explosion sprite does look terrible.

My suggestion is to go to OpenGL mode. The D3D support in this game is questionable at best...
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Acttualy, some guy posted similar CS screenshots that he got using some not very recent version of detonator on TNT.
                /me doesn't want to go and look for that thread on www.counter-strike.net bugs forum
                Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

I wish to use OpenGL as mentioned & also I had the same driver version as the above mentioned but using OpenGL does not allow me to even run the game as there are improper loading or blank patches of gfx produced when OpenGL is chose. Pls advise.
                  PIII-810
                  Epox BX-6SE
                  PC133 128MB CAS 2-2-2
                  G400 32MB D.H. W/TV-Out
                  34GXP 13.6 GB W/Promise Ultra66

Comment

Working...
                  X