gaming and dualhead question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaming and dualhead question...

well, i wonder if, when you play a game on your primary display using a g400/g450/gsuswhendoesitcomeout, the second display still displays a desktop or is it blackened? (would be really nice to use winamp and have an eye on icq while playing diablo2 )

thank you for the answers i hope you're going to give me

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

You would still have to taskswitch to get access to the desktop, and when you do so, the game will be minimized. Thus both your primary and secondary monitor will be available.

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 25 February 2001).]

Comment

thank you

but maybe someone can clarify if i can at least see what's going on on my second desktop or if a directDraw/direct3d/ogl app will shut the second display off..

AZ

Comment

I just tested it with Diablo2, and the other display stays up just fine.

It also works with Everquest, except that when EQ changes resolutions the windows in the other display get moved around, sometimes to spots where you can't see them. I had to run the desktop at the same resoluton I play EQ at (800x600) to get it to look right, but otherwise it was fine.

Comment

Uhm, when you use Dualhead clone, it forces your monitor to 60hz at whatever resolution you use. Unless you change the option in Powerdesk of course. But then you'll get graphical errors in games under certain circumstances (It may have to do with v-sync, I cannot remember)

Comment

the problem when you enable 'keep optimal refresh' in clone mode only happens with OpenGL applications.

If you change the OpenGL mode to "Page Flipping - Always On", it will work fine with that option, but performance will drop a lot in OpenGL, and if you switch the OpenGL mode in MTSTU, you need to reboot.

However, Randy Simons wrote an app that can change the OpenGL settings without rebooting. That way you can chang the OpenGL mode just prior to using in it Dualhead clone. (available from my website's files section: http://dzeus.student.utwente.nl/g400 )

Comment

thanx a lot

now all i've got to do is wait for this gee waithundred thing to come out

AZ

Comment

Working...
              X