Cool games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool games

Can a fellow G400 or G400 max owner suggest some cool games? I have an Athlon K7 550.

Games I have that I liked are:

Jedi Knight
    X-wing Alliance
    Force Commander
    Age of Empires
    Expendable by Rage

I generally like first person shooters, shooters, exploring games, whatever. What games are cool. Gimme yer advice.

(I will eventually obtain a KT133a platform with a 1.2 Ghz T-bird, but right now I'm stuck with a 550 K7, which is ok though)

Counter-Strike (Half-Life mod)
    TFC (Half-Life mod)
    Day Of Defeat (Half-Life mod)
    Unreal Tournament
    Deus Ex

All these run great on a G400, with the exception of Deus Ex. Deus Ex is VERY slow at times. Otherwise, is a great game.

Comment

Planescape Torment is a really good game if you are interested in rpg. if you are not, you should still try it.

[This message has been edited by Topha (edited 04 February 2001).]

Comment

Alice
        Oni
        Resident Evil 3
        NOLF
        Hitman
        Gunman
        Vampire

Spazm
        P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Planescape Torment, I'll second that one.
          If you do like rpg's, then Baldur's Gate II will keep you occupied for months!
          Alice, love that game.
          It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
          Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Planescape has the best story ever, I just loved that game - buy it!!!
            System:
            Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
            AMD Thunderbird 800
            SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
            Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
            LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
            IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
            Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
            WinME
            directx 8.0a
            384mb pc133

Comment

FLF - Front Line Force (mod for Halflife)
              FireArms - another mod for Halflife

Also, check out the Serious Sam demo (sorry, it's not a demo, but a technology test). It's a fairly hefty download, but well worth it. A naff title, but the game play is top notch. Can't wait for this one to be released.

I'd also recommend NOLF. It's a tad easy, but good fun none the less.
              Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

deus ex for me...

great story, great levels.. different endings...

and fast enough on a g400 based system (at least with patch)

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

ccoltas,

Thief Gold and Thief II...
                  FPS...as in first-person sneaker...
                  play it like QuakeIII or Unreal Tournament
                  and you'll die in mere seconds...

------------------
                  Matrox G400MAX
                  PIII 616
                  Asus P2B-L
                  128MB
                  Quantum Fireball KX 27.3
                  ADI G66
                  Sound Blaster Live!
                  Motorola CyberSURFR
                  Pioneer DVD-103S

Comment

Metal Gear Solid, too. Not graphically flashy, but a great game.

Comment

Mech4, Startrek Voyager :Elite Force
                      oldies like Falcon 4 (lots of great mods and patches)and MiG Alley kick alot of ass too. Good choice on Xwing Alliance too!

------------------
                      AsusP3B-F,P3 880 Slot1, 256mgsPC133,G40032megSH, Diamond MX300,13.5gigs of HD's,52X CDrom,WinME, PD 5.41 w/ 6.10ICD,Altec Lansing ATP3Subwoofer,
                      Envision 17",Terrayon Cable modem w/D-Link nic,1 grey cat,1 black cat & 1 calico
                      AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Quake3 (and Q3TA) - Never liked Unreal much, too "cartoony", and the movement seemed... umm... almost TOO fluid, kinda like those movies where the background seems to pan too fast because of forced focus. Made my head hurt.

Anything with the Bioware Engine - This includes Baldur's Gate, BG2, BG:TOSC, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Fallout, Fallout 2. Did I miss any? Best RPG's in years and years. HIGH play value. Fairly high replay value, believe it or not.

Lords of Magic: Special Edition - I know, it's a lousy Sierra hybrid strategy game. But damn, I must have wasted a couple hundred hours in the last couple weeks playing this game. Julie's getting a little pissed that I don't come to bed until the wee hours of morning.

Anything with the words "Sid Meier" in the title - 'Nuff Said.

- Gurm

------------------
                        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm-Anything with the Bioware Engine...Did I miss any?

MDK2!

[This message has been edited by Evil_Donnyboy (edited 07 February 2001).]
                          P3 650@897 | Matrox G400 32mb SH @ 175/233 | 128mb PC133 | SB Live | winME

Comment

System Shock 2
                            Unreal

------------------
                            ASUS P2B-B rev. 1.02, Intel Pentium III 700@933 MHz, Micron 256MB PC133-222, Enermax EG351P-VE, Western Digital WD450AA, Toshiba SD-M1212, Matrox G400 SH 32MB 126/168, PowerDesk 6.23, CTX VL950T, Creative SBLive!, Windows 98, IE 5.00, DirectX 8.0

Comment

Just thought of another...

Airfix Dogfighter.

I got it for Christmas and it had been out for a while then. Chances are you can pick it up at a reduced price now.

Great fun to be had flying between bedrooms and kitchens in a small model plane shooting down vases and bombing tanks.

Haven't played it online yet, but I'd imagine the multiplayer is a laff.
                              Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

Working...
                              X