Counterstrike crashing when I use OpenGL or Direct3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterstrike crashing when I use OpenGL or Direct3d

Whenever I play Half-life counterstrike, the game loads perfectly fine. And there are no problems when I play on the software driver mode. However, when I switch to Opengl or direct3d, the game will load, but later randomly crash in the middle of gameplay. There is no specific pattern or method of reproducing this bug. I have downloaded all the recent drivers for OpenGL and the Matrox G400 video card. If someone can help, pretty please do!

These are the basic specs of my system, nothing is overclocked or screwed with.

700 Mhz Athalon
    Asus k7m
    256 mb ram sd pc-100

Please email me at sdb5013@hotmail.com if you can.

THIS IS IN REFERENCE TO THE TOPIC FROM THE AUTHOR.

OK, I'M AN IDIOT AND LEFT OUT SOME DETAILS!

I am using a matrox G400 MAX.

-When the game crashes, it just simply closes the screen and returns to windows.

-On occasion, it will crash the entire system

Comment

Post your system specs... IRQ's/OS/drivers for both the graphics card & motherboard.

[This message has been edited by Greebe (edited 21 February 2001).]
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hello???
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

NOTHING IS OVERCLOCKED

Athalon 700 mhz
          Asus K7m motherboard
          windows 98 se

Driver for g400 = 6.04.029
          Did not change driver for motherboard

I Checked the in system profiles of the video card, and the interupt request was 11

I Dunno where to find the IRQ's so i'm hoping that's right. Lemme know what else you need.

Comment

sorry if i lagged, I had to make sure all my specs were right

Comment

ALL THE IRQ's! (returning the favor
              goto Start/Run, enter "msinfo32" (without quotes), Enter. Then to System Information/Hardware Resources/IRQ's

What drivers are installed for the MB?

Also what did you mean by...
              <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I have downloaded all the recent drivers for OpenGL and the Matrox G400 video card.</font>
              The OpenGL part is what has me wondering.

System temps?

Does this happen if you play any D3D game or other OpenGL game?

Comment

Welp someone just started to pump me full of jelly, so this donut is off to bed.

6am is in three hours and Oy, am I going to pay for it! :\

---------------------------
                I need a price check on isle 5!

Comment

In responce to your quote, When I played counterstrike, it had 3 modes to chose from in the config mode. Software, OpenGL, and Direct 3d. (Sorry if I'm going into too much depth, or repeating something obvious, just wanna give you all the info!)

In software mode, it ran perfectly, but everything was pixelized and funky shaped.

In OpenGL and Direct3d, both games ran MUCH more smoothly, and there was a tremendous performance increase. And I killed people alot easier! However, in the middle of the game, it would crash, and go back to the desktop.

In a futile attempt to fix the prob, I downloaded the matrox g400 driver from the website, installed it, and tried to play, but it still crashed. Then I went to glsetup.com for the opengl driver, downloaded it, and installed it. and obviously there was no effect.

So that's what I mean when I say I have all the latest drivers for G400 and OpenGL.

Here's the IRQ's

0 - system timer
                  1 - standard 101 keyboard
                  2 - programmable interrupt controller
                  3 - com port (com2)
                  4 - com port (com1)
                  5 - us robotics 56k fax/modem
                  6 - floppy disk
                  7 - ecp printer port (lpt 1)
                  8 - system cmos
                  9 - SCI IRQ used by ACPI Bus
                  10 - Creative Sound Blaster Live
                  10 - Via Tech 3038 PCI Universal Host Controller
                  10 - Via Tech 3038 PCI Universal Host Controller
                  10 - ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Settings
                  11 - Matrox Millenium g400 max dualhead - english
                  11 - ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Settings
                  12 - microsoft ps/2 mouse
                  13 - numeric data prosessor
                  14 - primary IDE controller
                  14 - VIA Bus master PCI controller
                  15 - Secondary IDE Controller (Dual Fifo)
                  15 - Via BUs master PCI controller

Everything was manually written down, and yes, I noticed that there was some irq holder for pci settings on irq 11 along with the matrox card. I think this maybe the prob.
                  Lemme know what you think.

Thanks for your help. I'll be checking this back like wednesday morning and afternoon.

Comment

1 IRQ holder per IRQ is okay. But IRQ 10 seems rather cramped to me.

Do you really need those com ports? How about disabling them to gain some free space.
                    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

oops...

http://forums.counter-strike.net/sho...threadid=68597

Try changing AGP to 2x in bios and tweak utility, i am still testing it.

------------------
                      • vanilla G400 DH 32 Mb PD5.33 w/o o/c
                      • Asus K7V w/sound bios 1007
                      • W2K Workstation, SP1
                      • RedHat 7.0
                      • Athlon 700 w/o o/c
                      • 256 Mb PC133 RAM
                      • IBM DPTA-372050 20Gb 7200Rpm
                      • TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1302
                      • Viewsonic PF790 flatscreen 19' & IBM G54 15'
                      • HP ScanJet 5200C still on parallel
                      • 3Com 3C905B-TX & LAN via T1 ;-)
                      • WebCam 3 USB
                      • Microsoft Intellimouse Optical USB connected
                      • Sony MDR-CD360 headphones
                      • MX300 in the drawer

[This message has been edited by Arsa (edited 21 February 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Arsa (edited 21 February 2001).]
                      Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

Remove all traces of GLSetup!!!

Matrox drivers contain all that you need (including the latest OpenGL drivers!) except possibly for MTST Util 4.14 found here, which comes in handy.

With MTST Util drop it back to AGP 1x and retest.

What do you have the AGP aperture set to in the BIOS... it should be 256 or the highest you can set it for.

(btw it's spelt Athlon

Comment

I'll give it a try, sorry about my spellin!

Comment

Working...
                          X