Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anisotropic filtering in quake3 on a g400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anisotropic filtering in quake3 on a g400?

i just saw the speculations of a new graphiccard (maybe g800) over at beyond3d.
    they had screenshots of anisotropic filtering in quake3. I know the g400 supports anisotropic filtering, but how do i enable it in quake3?
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Relocated to the Matrox Gaming forum
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I think that the G400 can't really use anisotropic filtering.. it had something to do with the G400 only supporting one part of the method needed for anisotropic filtering or something like that.

Comment

the pdf on the driver-cd says that it can do
        anisotropic filtering, was it just a lie
        This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

well... it can do _some_ sort of anisotropic filtering, but not the one used in most applications I think (I don't know the exact details, but if you do a search on this forum, you will undoubtedly find them).

But why would you want to use anisotropic filtering on a G400, as it doesn't have the horsepower to use it at a decent framerate.

Comment

No more of a lie than Dave mentioning that those screenshots could possibly be from a G800... which they are not.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X