G400 Dynamic Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Dynamic Lighting

I was running the 5.52 drivers on my G400max and was getting good framerates but I noticed some random graphic glitches in quake2 and half-life. I upgraded to the 6.23 drivers and while the glitches went away my framerate dropped about 50 fps (barely playable). If I turn set "gl_dynamic 0" in quake2 and "r_dynamic 0" in half-life the framerate is back to normal. The 5.52 drivers didn't have much difference with dynamic lighting on or off.
    Does anyone have this problem or know what I might try to fix it besides reverting to the old drivers?

My comp specs:
    G400Max
    P2-400mhz
    128ram
    Win95

Upgrade your cpu to a 800mHz (whatever type) as a min and your framerates will virtually double what they are now.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, I'd like to do that as soon as I can but in the meantime there seems to be a bug or misconfiguration as my framerate was fine before I updated my drivers.

Comment

How did you get rid of the old drivers ?
        Also make sure VSync is disabled for highest possible framerates.
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I used the matrox uninstall utility to remove the old drivers before installing the new ones.
          I'm not sure how to check the Vsync.

Comment

Use this to disable Vsync.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

I ran the program and everytime it crashes with:
              The MTSTU414.EXE file is linked to missing export OLE32.DLL:ColnitializeEx.

Comment

I think it may have something to do with the fact that you are running windows 95.

Rags

Comment

Win95 (under the version OSR2.1 and without USB patch) doesn't support AGP at all...

Comment

Allright, I guess I'll just have to go back to the 5.52 drivers as they ran fine on my system (minus a few graphic errors).

Comment

*sigh* I REALLY wish someone (Matrox, Microsoft, ANYONE really) would just stand up and say "You! Yes, you with Windows 95! You may not use your computer any more unless you upgrade to Windows 98!"

And be done with it.

- Gurm

P.S. Yes, I too think the problem is Win95. There are people in here, if you hunt through the search engine, who can make Win95 work with their G400, but most of us are of the opinion that it will never be 100% right. And each new driver revision makes it LESS right.

------------------
                      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

I agree, they should either continue to support older operating systems or specificly state that they no longer will.
                        At any rate, I specificly bought this card because of Matrox support for linux, and as linux gaming is increasing I shouldn't be stuck using windows for too much longer.

Comment

They did continue supporting it... by changing the name to Win98 and by fixing many of it's problems (but not all).

Comment

RedOmen:

Linux?

Gaming?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, you've made me laugh harder than anyone has in weeks. Thank you!

Hoo-eee!

- Gurm

------------------
                            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                            X