• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel BOB Connector

Hi all.
    I have a question for this great forum.
    I'm the proud owner of a Marvel G200.
    Few mounts ago I saw a thread regarding the pinout of the Marvel BOB.
    I'm wondering if this pinout is available somewhere on the Web.
    I'm asking this because I still have the old Rainbow Runner Studio TV
    receiver board and I would like to investigate the possibility to
    connect this piece of hardware to the Marvel.
    I'm skilled in electronic, thus soldering work it's not a problem for me...
    Thank you and please forgive me for my English (I'm Italian...)

Ciao,
    Daniele

I sincerely doubt it would work given the electrical differences between the boards.

One other question: WHY?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The pinout diagram is only for the connector cable, not a full schematic for the BOB itself. I do have a copy around somewhere, but it is on paper and I haven't managed to scan it successfully despite several attempts.

I know that the RR-S TV-tuner and that on the G-RR are interchangeable (I knew someone that swapped a UK TV-tuner unit to a US RR-G).

Doc, the reason is that the Euro-marvel didn't include a TV-Tuner, it was an option that was always difficult to get hold of and involved swapping the whole BOB for a replacement.

Comment

Chris, this is exactly what I though.
        Because of the lack of budget I can't afford to buy the new BOB with the TV tuner (here in Italy is very expensive and it is sold separately from the normal Marvel set, plus I think that it's price is an exaggeration with respect to the added functionality).
        I suspect that the tuner part of the Marvel-TV BOB is the same of the old RR-S TV and I would like to build an adapter to connect it to my Marvel.
        The adapter will result in a simple connection between the CVBS signal output from the tuner and the CVBS signal input of the Marvel, plus the required lines (I2C bus) to manage the tuning.
        If a scanning of the schematic it's not feasible, a simple list of the pin numbering with the functional description would be nice.
        If the whole work is too hard, don't worry: I can live without it and I don't want to be any worrying for you.
        In any case thank you all for your responses: I find this forum VERY helpful and interesting.
        This was my first post and now I'm impressed for how quick I can get help.

Ciao,
        Daniele

Comment

Working...
        X