Deep Space 9: The Fallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Space 9: The Fallen

Well, I got the game. I played a couple of eps of the game, and tried the difference between D3D and OpenGL on my G400, using PD 6.21 and WinME.

D3D: All levels that I've seen so far are very dark. I've looked around in the game, but can't find a gamma correction. Used 1024x768x32bit. Might go down on that and see if things do better.

OpenGL: All levels I've seen so far are lighter than D3D. Used 1024x768x32bit. Unusual lot of corruptions on screen. Anyone know of a better resolution to play at?

But in both, my question would be, why Kira has such pointy breasts

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

hello,

i'm waiting for the game. Should come out in april in France, but i have play the demo 10 time.

In the demo I can change the brightness when i use D3D, with OpenGL i use the color function in powerdesk.

About texture corruption read this : http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004699.html
    my last post.

What is really strange is that, if you use OpenGL32.dll from turboGL, you won't have any corruption in the game. So i thing this is a prob coming from the drivers.

I will add that the more memory (GC memory) the game use the more corruption you will have.

Comment

With the brightness thing in D3D, you could maybe use the console (tilde key) and type 'brightness' to increase it a notch. If this doesn't work, maybe putting a value directly into the 'ds9.ini' under the [WinDrv.WindowsClient] section might do it.
      This game was a pleasant surprise for me - I'm usually indifferent to Star Trek but found this to be really enjoyable.
      Oh, and Kira's got a pointy arse as well...

Comment

I installed PD6.23 to see if the OpenGL corruption would go away with that, and lo and behold it did

Also found the brightness slider in the ingame menu, but it doesn't seem to do much.

I'll try the ds9.ini thing though, thanks !

Jord.

------------------
        This cat, is cat, a cat, very cat, good cat, way cat, to cat, keep cat, a cat, fool cat, like cat, you cat, busy cat! Now read the previous sentence without the word cat...
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

You have a 32 Mo card, This is why it works.

Comment

sorry,

Mo (Mega octect) is French , in english it is MB - Mega Byte.

So yes we use a different word for byte, it is 'octet'.

Comment

Is it true that when you wish to download new drivers you have to 'telecharger' new 'pilotes'? Sounds much more fun!

Comment

Does anyone have the Unreal.ini files still left somewhere on his drive(s)? As DS9TF is based on the Unreal engine, I could use some of the options from the original game

Jord.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

hey Barberella, what exactly does Mo stand for in French? I know it's megabytes, that's obvious... but do the French use a different word for 'bytes'?

Comment

Open the console and type: RMODE 6 lights up the environment. At least you can now see where you're going and where the baddies are

Edit: Got the Dutch out

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 02 February 2001).]
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                    X