Texture problem in American McGee's Alice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture problem in American McGee's Alice

Well I bought the game and installed it onto my computer and the textures do not seem to want to appear properly. The textures for the character models appear fine, but those for the background map appear flat and very dark. I tried to install the low and high res images and the same thing occurs.

Can anyone help me?

My specs:

Duron 600
    Asus A7V
    128Mg PC133 RAM
    20.4 Gb HD
    G400 (vanilla)
    SBLIVE! platinum

Latest matrox drivers

Until I find a solution I'm gonna have to play it on my geforce 2 mx card...

Ironic thing is that it works better on my gf2 system which is below the requirements!

[This message has been edited by Phage (edited 27 January 2001).]

r_ext_compiled_vertex_array 1

edit: sorry about the spelling error! fixed now

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 27 January 2001).]

Comment

There are two things you need to know about running Alice with a G400.
      Firstly there is a patch available for G400 owners which fixes a major slowdown in areas with translucent shafts of light. Get it from the EA site.
      Second, you need to modify the config.cfg files in the ...\Alice\Base directory like DZeus alluded to (but he spelt it wrong). Look at Ants news page from last December or search this Forum for the full details.
      If you install the patch, you need to do the mod. after.

Good Luck, Tony.

------------------
      K7Pro(110), Athlon 930(750)@8.5,108fsb, G400 32 DH@max, 1.6BIOS and 6.21, DX8, SB Live Player 1024, 256Mb PC133 CAS-2, Pioneer 103S DVD, 20Gig IBM 7200 ATA66, LS120, MS forcefeedback pro, CL WebCam III etc etc
      FT.

Comment

Working...
      X