G400 no videos or screenshots with Q3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 no videos or screenshots with Q3

I have the G400max and can't get the videos (cinematics) to show, yet I can hear the audio from the vid. This is both at game start and when selecting cinematics in the game menu.
    The other weird quirk is, if I make a screenshot it is always is just a solid black pic. This problem also would happen with Half-Life.
    Outside of this the card is perfect. I love the high fps and visuals during gameplay.
    Doubt its drivers/bios, cause I've updated them as released for over a year now.

Any ideas??
    Red

System:
    P3 500
    Asus P3B-F w/lasted bios
    Micron 256 PC133
    G400Max-Dual (dualhead turn off)
    IBM 30G IDE
    Plextor 40X Ultrawide SCSI
    Plextor 8/20 CDR SCSI
    Adaptec 2940
    SB Live
    Sony G400 monitor

What PowerDesk version are you running with? Are you using TurboGL? What OS?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

.. and how about IRQ?

------------------
      P!!!-900/128Mb PC133
      WD200BB
      DVD Pioneer DVD-115
      SB PCI128
      CTX - PR500F
      MB GA-6OXM7E
      MGA G400 SH 32MB
      P!!!-900/128Mb PC133
      WD200BB
      DVD Pioneer DVD-115
      SB PCI128
      CTX - PR500F
      MB GA-6OXM7E
      MGA G400 SH 32MB

Comment

hi,

This bug are generated by turboGL (if i remember well). You just have to delete the 'opengl32.dll' file you should find in the /baseQ3 folder.

Comment

First off sorry about the long delay on responding but just found out I'm laid-off after 17yrs. Only took 1 bottle Tiquila and 4 lemons to recover.
          Anyway, Barbarella your right. Removed the Opengl32.dll and everything works OK.
          Thanks for the help...it was driving me nuts.
          Red

Comment

Well that was where I was going at by asking if you were using TurboGl, etc. Barbarella just got about it more directly.

AFA your job. You know what they say ... look at this as an opportunity. My wife's brother-in-law had the same thing happen to him a year ago or so and now he's happy and successfully running his own small business (unrelated to his prior career). Best of luck in your future.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
            X