Giants, Sacrifice, poor frame rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants, Sacrifice, poor frame rates

For some reason, even on my G400 Max I can't even play these two games at full detail @ 640x480x32!! Are there any problems with these games for you guys? (Giants is HILLARIOUS, I highly recommend it.)

Sacrifice runs like a charm on my non-overclocked G400 vanilla... I've only tried 800x600x16 with everything else at max, but the framerate was high enough to increase the res. a bit...

what kind of CPU do you have? Do you have installed the latest drivers?

Comment

Do you know of any demos and I will give them a try?

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Sacrifice is very playable but i can't say the same thing about Giants.

The framerates are very very low when you put the clipping ( to view at far distance ) at the highest setting. But the game is very ugly if you don't put it at max.

I am wondering if planet moon was payed to do a game only for GeFarce. Optimization for other cards didn't even be considered... Maybe they could at least make a patch

I have a G400 MAX and a PIII 500 and all other games run smooth as silk.

Comment

Giants runs well on Radeon cards too....

Coincidence? I think not.
          C:\DOS
          C:\DOS\RUN
          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

I think the dividing line is going to be CPU power on this one. Lesley's 500MHz isn't enough to get the G400 really going, and I'd like to know vanguardian's CPU speed as well. You'll see noticable improvements with CPU speeds of 800MHz, or maybe even higher.

Oh, and shove it DosFreak.

------------------
            MSI-6167 w/ Athlon 500@750 (thx Greebe!), 256MB Crucial PC133, G400MAX,SBLive!-MP3,Pioneer 10x DVD, Plextor 12/10/32A, IBM 45GB 75gxp, and a Sony 420GS. Running RH7.0 (2.4.0-test8), and Win98 (when I have to).
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

AMD Duron 800 with a new Epox 8KTA3 (KT133A)

I was playing around with the settings and it seems to run smoother now, even at 1024x768. Sorry about bothering y'all.

Comment

Working...
              X