Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT - Environmental reverberations, etc . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT - Environmental reverberations, etc . . .

http://eax.creative.com/eagle/unreal/

Environmental reverberations, occlusion and obstruction effects have been added to make the audio experience more life-like!

Hmm. Maybe they made use of the A3D technology afterall.

It's OK, but just OK... A3D is still better.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Well this is just a software update anyway for the game. Hopefully, they will incorporate it in hardware properly in the future. My first Sound card was an original Diamond monster sound. I just caught up in the SBLive hype.

[This message has been edited by High_Jumbllama (edited 13 January 2001).]

Comment

Wasn't that why Creative went with a programmable DSP on the Live?!
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I have them MX300 after that MX400..to hell with all of these cards SUPPORT was SHIT! now I have my CL SBlive1 again what I had before that damn MX cards & all I can SAY is that it sounds GREAT & the new EAX enhencments for UT are AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
          PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

I think the trick to buying an Aureal-based board was to avoid buying one from Diamond.

I've had fairly good luck with Aureal boards.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I have a Aureal SQ2500 and I have never experianced any problem with any game when I enable 3D-sound (A3D,EAX yeah it is supported in the latest drivers). I would say my sound sound as good if not better than my friends with their Live soundcards.

Comment

dont knowe about other AUREALS but this from DIAMOND..this was..pain in the ass just like taht STUPID ESS Canyon3D on MX400 boards ..could newer play UT @41000hz only 22000 with 16 efect chanel othervise it sunds just bed ,or two waves in WIN @ sme time..hell... crackling , poping, missing sounds, speachs & lots of ugly stuff..I never experience that with SB Live..or in THIEF II..with MX400..& the MX300 wasnt nothing better..Iv spend over 6 months( of HELL) with those 2 cards & I was NEVER satisfied..bed drivers & tech support, drivers it self, problems in almost every game (there is always something) lots of CPU usage when 3D enabled... NEVER agin with such a thing..wahts up with AUREAL?, or DIAMOND, or ESS ,SEANSAURA..where is the SUPPORT..where are the new DRIVERS? , VIRTUAL EAR?..LoL...shit you must PAY for that..I mean this is a way to much...
                PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Greebe:
                  Wasn't that why Creative went with a programmable DSP on the Live?!</font>
                  I thought that was just with the driver not a game. I learned something new.

Comment

Working...
                  X