Logitech vs. UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech vs. UT

I just reinstalled Windows and I have a little problem with UT and my Logitech cordless mouse. It was working fine before but now for some reason it doesn't recognize when I click the wheel in the game. I use to have it bound to my Translocator, but now I can't get it working. UT does scroll up and down through the weapons when I roll the wheel, but it will not let me assign clicking the wheel to anything (in the prefferences under the weapon selection). I already installed the GameWheel patch from logitech and that didn't help. I remember going through this when I first installed it, but it has been so long ago I can't remember what I did to fix it. Please help!

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Did you install the latest Mouseware? I think the latest ie version 9.00.

BTW, do you have a problem where, if you click repeatedly as you move the mouse, the movement is not smooth (it skips)?

(edit) Actually 9.24 is available. Another thing to try: Try assigning the wheel button to an unused key, and then bind the UT command to that key.

(edit again) Try this one; I think it's it. Go to Mouse Properties and make sure that the wheel is bound to "Middle Button"

[This message has been edited by Liquid Snake (edited 14 January 2001).]

Comment

Liquid Snake:
      You got it right with the last one. I had the middle wheel set to Auto Scroll. I thought that if I didn't set it to some kind of scrolling feature that I wouldn't be able to roll through the weapons. When I set it to "middle button" it worked like a charm! I can now roll up and down to select weapons, and click it to pull out my translocator. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Can you check if you have the same problem as me? Fire up a game of UT, then hit any mouse button repeatedly as you drag the mouse across the screen, and see if it moves smooth. My cordless Logitech is very erratic when I do this. I don't know if it's a problem with my hardware or just the cordless technology in general. BTW, what mouse do you have?

Comment

You did so well with Kindness!'s problem, maybe you can help with mine...
          Mine's not cordless, but still a Logitech wheel. I like to use the thumb button for the Alt Fire in UT. However, I can't get it to work in "hold down" mode for the multiple rockets and zoom functions. I've tried assigning the thumb to different functions as well as no function, but haven't gotten what I want.
          Right now the only thing that works for me is to close Em_exec prior to loading UT. Then everything works great (including the wheel).
          I've already downloaded the newest Logitech patches....
          My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

This bug was documented on Logitech's site I think, where you had to close EM_EXEC to get games to work with the buttons. Actually, the thumb button has never worked for me in Half-Life (I mostly play that, with UT occasionally). Take a look at this:
            http://www.logitech.com/cf/support/1368.cfm
            It might have the solution for you. I myself have never had this problem, since my thumb button doesn't even work.

Comment

The cordless ones are not as fast the ones with cords. It canĀ“t get all the signals through the radioline at once. My friends cordless acts the same way.

Bottomline: Cordless is not good for gaming.

Comment

LS: I don't have any of the problems that you have mentioned. My set-up has served me well for quite some time. I went to a LAN party and took everything, but left my mouse at home (DOH!). I tried to play with several other mice(?), but none felt right. I ended up driving 45 min. (one way) to get my mouse.

Unfortunately I can't help you with your problem. As you can see by my initial post in this thread, the smallest problem concerning my mouse baffles me. However, it sounds to me that the radio transmission is interupted when you do several things at once (I don't have that problem). Is it possible that you are getting interference from a near-by appliance or peice of equipment? I know that in the initial set-up thing it said to keep the reciever at least a certain distance from other electronic objects. In my case I have the receiver nestled snugly under my monitor (even though it said not to), and it works fine so I don't know if it is necessary.

Sorry bud, wish I could help! Computers aren't my forte, but if you need any tips on working on/with pneumatic tools or lifting weights, I'm your guy.

Comment

I would guess it's the cordless technology. Never seen it with other mice. I have the Cordless Mouseman Wheel. Other than this problem, and the thumb button not working properly, this mouse is excellent. My receiver has been in various places, and I've always had the problem. Right now it is behind my left speaker, which sits to the left of my monitor.

It only affects CS, where you have to click repeatedly to fire the pistols fast. This is very unfortunate as CS is my main game

Comment

Thanks for the link, L.S.
                    I'll take a look.
                    My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Working...
                    X