Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG2 & MGA Tweak & mtst300

hay all, just read about the mtst300 tweak thing utility

now how does this work? I was just playing BG2 with Backwards compatibility 1 and u guessed it, very choppy performance..

mtst300 should fix this problem up, but how should I set the other options? Here's what i think

AGP 2x
    VSync Off
    GL Driver Defaults (or should I use something else?)
    force BusMastering??? (whats that??)
    Bitmaps Caching??? (again, whats that?)

I guess the overclocking utility will get won't be used since win2k launches MGA Tweak each time windows start, therefore it should overwrite msts300's settings

thanks!

If you bothered to read any of the earlier threads here about BG2, you'd know that you should NOT have Backwards Compatibility set to 1.

Turn it off, use the tweak util to ensure that VSYNC is set (ON!!!) properly, and you'll be fine.

- Gurm

P.S. With backwards compatibility on, your CPU is doing 90% of the graphics work, which is why it's so choppy.

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 14 January 2001).]
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah, set that backwards compatibility bit back to 0, and use the tweak utility to set the OpenGL setitngs to 'optimise for accuracy' and it'll look great.

Thats what I did. Got a 1gig Athlon, and with that backwards comp bit set to 1 it was choppy, with it set to 0 and the OpenGL tweak, it is SMOOTH!

Make sure busmastering is on (improves data transfers ont he agp bus a whole lot). And have bitmap caching on (can speedup text and messaging in the game).

Comment

Working...
      X