Counterstrike Open-GL vs. Direct X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterstrike Open-GL vs. Direct X

I don't know if this is a counterstrike issue with the g400 chipset... or if it's just a counterstrike issue in general... but when yr zoomed in widda awp n such, in direct x, you only get that tiny section of the screen, whereas in Open GL, you get the entire screen while zoomed in. it just seems a little... 'lady cheaterly' oriented... but this is a serious question, cuz i don't use open gl cuz it takes way too much time to load up cstrike when i be usin it... is this 'bug' merely related to the G400, or is it with other manufacturers chipsets?

Jangie
    http://www.mp3.com/djjangie

Sorry, but I don't really understand your question. Your post made little sense to me, maybe you could reword it?

Rags

Comment

DOOD... Will you share those drugs wit us.

I be saying dis cuz the issue may be sittin between the keyboard and da chair. No wat im sayin...
      My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
      128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

ok... here we go!
        When you zoom with a sniper rifle with CStrike in DirectX, it blacks out the area outside of the scope. When you do the same in OpenGL, the zoom function and everything works perfectly, there is just not that same black-out area around the scope, such that you can see enemies coming that would not be seen in real life. did i clear it up?
        jangie

Comment

Use OpenGL, HL/TFC/CS is native OpenGL api supported. The D3D support is akin to a wrapper, it is highly suggested to use OpenGL, more supported 3D features are available, and you have far fewer problems in general. I have no real issues using OpenGL and CS.

Rags

Comment

I just checked. I only see through the scope in both D3D and OpenGL. Using Win2K and 5.31 drivers. What drivers and OS are you using?

Comment

I know what your saying. When you look through the scope you see through a circle with the cross hairs in the middle. The rest of the screen is blacked out. In openGL mode the rest of the screen is not blacked out, but it should be. I don't know what would cause this but I do know I wouldn't be complaining if it happened to me.
              A person should not promise to give a child something and then not give it,
              because in that way the child learns to lie.
              Babylonian Talmud

Comment

Rightio... you summed it up... I not exactly complainin, iss just that since i usin a modem, i use the directx drivers becuz i don't like the massive loadtimes required for openGL rather than the directX style. therefore... others with the silly seethru scope got the ups.
                G400 MAX wid win98 and the driver set before the most recent powerdesk.
                Jangie

Comment

I've seen machines do what you're talking about. The only time I didn't see the scope view was my friend's Vaio laptop. It doesn't have a 4:3 resolution, and so it's something funky. He see's the whole screen too.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                  X