Green Dynamic Lightning (G400)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Dynamic Lightning (G400)

Sometimes dynamic lightning appears green. But this does not happen everytime. It looks like yellow backgrounds cause the green light. I saw it within several games (special kind of explosions).

The best way to reproduce it is 3DMark2000. In one of the four bump mapping tests the light is green (screenshot below). May be it is a bug in multitexturing.

I got my G400 in August 1999 and every driver version I installed yet showed this bug. Is my card broken? I have never read something about this here.

------------------
    ASUS P2B-B rev. 1.02, Intel Pentium III 700@933 MHz, Micron 256MB PC133-222, Western Digital WD450AA, Toshiba SD-M1212, Matrox G400 SH 32MB, PowerDesk 6.21, CTX VL950T, Creative SBLive!, Windows 98, IE 5.00, DirectX 8.0

All graphics cards I've tested before (and that's a lot! includes nvidia, matrox, ati etc) have that green tinge in 3dmark2000 when you do the 1 pass emboss bump mapping..

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Most likely because it is only 1-pass, resulting in lower quality. I have never seen this before in anything outside 3DMark.

Comment

It is not just 3DMark2000. Here is another one (Unreal Tournament): When you fire two or more rockets at once the dynamic lightning becomes green, too.
        Does anyone know why this happens? Is this a common problem with all cards?

[This message has been edited by mirp (edited 04 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by mirp (edited 04 January 2001).]

Comment

Maybe it is because that is how colors usually blend?
          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

And why is there a difference between one and two rockets?

Comment

How should I know? Ask the game developers.
              Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Working...
              X