powerdesk won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerdesk won't work

I have a Marvel G200 and the Powerdesk won't install properly. The Vcr of Video tools feature also says it won't work in 4bit video mode. The video card itself runs okay but these two things don't. Some people say I should see a Powerdesk icon at the bottom left of the taskbar but I don't see that. And when I click on Matrox Display in Control Panel it comes up with a screen that says Powerdesk is disabled. What's that all about? Help me someone.

jerome28,

Q. I get the following message when I try to open the PC VCR Remote:
    "PC VCR Remote does not support 4 bit color palette.
    Please change your display's color palette settings. (a 16 bit color palette is
    recommended), then start PC VCR Remote."
    But my color palette is 16 bit. What's the problem?

A. Check to make sure that the power desk is installed and working properly.
    Also, make sure that your hardware acceleration is set to full.

You will find a list of FAQ in the "tips and tricks" on this site and also on the Matrox web site.-

Go into safe mode and make sure that you have only one display adapter and one monitor listed. If there are more that one in either category then remove all of them and reboot and let Windows re detect your hardware. Now load the latest drivers.

Olliver

------------------
    All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.
    All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.

Comment

I actually have encountered that problem before, but by accident. I am trying to solve my problem with my computer and Marvel. My computer is networked with an older computer. That computer uses the Mystique 220 Business and Rainbow Runner (not the G series). In attempt to isolate what was wrong with the one on the system I am working on, I tried to run the older rainbow runner over the network. I got that error message about 4bit. You might want to verify that you got the right video tools. The Marvel tools are different than those used by the Rainbow runner.

I do not recommend the 1.51 version, there are problems as well as problems with the 5.25 drivers. I recommend the 4.33 and video tools 1.2x. You should be up and running then.
      Tim Barnes
      President
      Barnes and Associates
      Matrox Solutions Provider

Comment

Working...
      X