Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants

Hi,

Giants has just been released so I was wondering how it would run on my "old" G400 (Duron 650 - so enough CPU). Anyone bought it already ?

Don't buy it! It's a demo for GForce cards, nothing more. Ran slow and had serious texturing problems on my G400 MAX using 5.52 drivers.

Comment

Hey guys, i just got it too and i find the same problems, is there any way around them?? runs slow on my p3-450, texture corruption, and bump mapping isnt even selectable?! what the hell.......

Comment

I'm still waiting to recieve my copy....but i'm sure you can enable EMBM etc. by editing one of the cfg files like in BattleZone 2000 where EMBM wasn't enabled by default.( along with some stencil/shadow stuff aswell )
        Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
        incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

BTW i strongly disagree that it's just a G-Farce demo game.In my opinion it's awesome.

Comment

Well, then this seems to be another pro-video card-changing argument. Let's realize the facts, guys, our card is outdated now.
            It's christmas and a GeForce 2 MX isn't that expensive. Bye the time the NV20 (or hell, the G800, yeah, sure) will get affordable, the MX will not be outdated yet (T&L, all kinds of Bumb Mapping ...).
            I agree that the G400 was a great video card, even for gamers (the first 3 or 4 months after release), and is a great card for business-related working, but for a gamer (or like my case a half-gamer/half-business-guy) it's just not suitable anymore.

Comment

I hate saying this, but like Korben i'm currently looking to replace my G400 Max with a Geforce 2 GTS from either Asus or Creative. Sorry Matrox, but the G400 simply do not cut it anymore in terms of High resolution Gaming.( most of the time it does fine in 1024x768x16 bit, but recent games simply put to much strain on the G400 in this resolution so you have to play in 800x600 and i didn't just spend more than 680$ on a new 19 inch monitor to play in 800x600 resolution.I hate it, i hate it i hate ......................

Comment

Unfortunately due to time constraints, the EMBM code didn't make it in the final game. Trying to get it with an upcoming patch, stay turned...

------------------
                "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
                "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Looking through some readme's and it seems they suggest disabling duealhead to avoid trouble with texture corruption on the G400.

Comment

I have just installed Giants, however, 4 of the main bumpmapping features say that they are unavailable.

Is this a thing where the program is looking for a GForce Card? if so what does the Environment mapping do? (I would of thought this is EMBM) My Friend has a GForce and we have turned it off/on and there is no difference.

Comment

Booker, EMBM is a Matrox thing only (so far since since nV hasn't implemented it through their stolen technology agreement with the world) ie GeFarce can't do it.
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for the reply Greebe.
                        I understand EMBM but my main problem is with the options saying that it’s unavailable.
                        Has any one else experienced this fault?

Comment

Booker,

Read above, it wasn't put into the game at time of release, maybe a patch.

dAve
                          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I'm sorry but I'm quite happy with playing all of my video-intensive games at 800x600x32, I play expecting the best image quality, and "jaggies" don't bother me. Even in my 19" KDS.

I just bought Mechwarrior 4 and am enjoying the gameplay and graphical beauty immensely. I did buy a MX for my alternative, and I was quite disappointed. Just my personal opinion.

Sincerely,
                            VanGuardian1

PS I just played the rune demo last night and I will DEFINITELY be getting this game!

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe:
                              Booker, EMBM is a Matrox thing only (so far since since nV hasn't implemented it through their stolen technology agreement with the world) ie GeFarce can't do it.
                              Not quite. ATI's Radeon is also able to EMBM.

Comment

Working...
                              X