Marvel Problems and Error Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel Problems and Error Messages

As mentioned in a previous post there have been some problems with the Marvel G200-TV and PD 5.25 and Vid Tools 1.51, final release.

I have tried everything I know but no answers, just more questions, including what has happened. I know for a fact that the 4.33 and 1.2x drivers worked with no problem.

The message I get is: While Initializing device IOS: Error: real Mode system Memory allocation failed

Windows will not finish loading, and you need to reset. You will not get back to windwos unless you do one of two things,
    1) Reinstall the old drivers and not update
    2) Rename the rmm.pdr (a windows system file in the IOSUBSYS directory) so that it can't be found.

Neither of these are acceptable solutions. It is more like putting your finger in the leaking dam rather than properly patching it.

I have checked drivers, bios settings, startup, registry, everywhere you can think of to locate the problem but no luck. I am about ready to abandon the Matrox Video Card Products and jump aboard the Nvidia bandwagon. I am not saying they are better, but I have been running test on similar machines and the non-Matrox products fail 75% fewer times than Matrox.

Problem 2: No buttons or controls for Video Tools.

It almost looks like someone designed the skin but not the controls for the item. I have the remote control for the video tools, with all the labels, but no buttons and no invisible buttons. What I mean is that sometimes a product won't draw an item, but you can click on where it should have drawn a box or circle and still use it. With this remote you can't even do that. If you want to do anything, you must use the mini remote that is attached to the window that is opened. Reinstalling, troubleshooting, nothing seems to work. I event tried to see if I could sneak the old drivers in it, but it said that it couldn't work with those drivers I had (5.25).

Any comments or suggestions. I do have a Live as most people are noting problems with it. Please note that before the 5.25 I had no problem. I don't remember if I used Liveware 1.0 or 2, but I think I used 2.0, 2.1, then 3.0 (since I recently reinstalled everything over a two week period)

The Following parts have been replaced, exchanged, or corrected:
    Plextor 32x
    Matrox Marvel G200 TV AGP
    ASUS motherboard
    All the memory
    Bios
    Live
    Diamond Monster 3dII
    Western Dig hard drive
    Modem

Here are my system specs:
    ASUS P2BLS with bios rev 1.09 (1010 not applied as no items pertain to my problem)

SBLIVE w/3.0 Live ware (full not value)

Diamond Monster 3DII 12mb in SLI 2.56 Glide drivers by 3dfx Interactive)

Matrox Marvel G200-tv 16mb (5.25 and 1.51)
    Plextor 32 Ultra Plex
    384mb pny pc100 ecc ram
    Logitech P/S 2 Mouse and Keyboard
    3.5 floppy (std.)
    U.S. Robo 56K USB Voice FaxModem Pro

Your usual mix of joysticks and steering wheels for usb

Western Digital IDE - 20.4
    Maxtor IDE - 8.4, 8.4, 17.2
    IBM SCSI - 2.1, 4.5
    Quantum SCSI 9.1
    Iomega Jaz 2gb
    Adaptec 2940u2w integrated on MB
    Intel 825xx NIC integrated on MB
    Motorola Cable Modem
    Awe 32 (disabled)

Programs running in background most of the time:
    Creative Labs Audio HQ
    Explorer
    systray
    Matrox video controls (please note I did not have these running when installing since you uninstall them)
    Windows 98 Second Edition (all patchs to date)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tim Barnes
    President
    Barnes and Associates
    Tim Barnes
    President
    Barnes and Associates
    Matrox Solutions Provider
Working...
X