Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oni demo + G200

I have a P3-450, 192Mb RAM, and a G200

The Oni demo plays at 1/2 fps, that's right, 1 frame every 2 seconds. It even does this at the menu screen (Try controlling a mouse pointer that updates once every two seconds).

I have the latest 6.04 drivers from Matrox, so that isn't the issue.
    A friend of mine has a G400 and has the same problem.

There's no other problems with the visuals, though. Textures are fine, no flicker or visual artifacts or any glitches at all... just a horrible framerate.

Anyone else have this problem?

Looks like it's running in software, make sure your desktop is not in 24-bit,

Hope that helps,

------------------
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Software mode was my first guess, but with the drivers installed and other games (Like Sacrifice) running fine, I didn't see why it would resort to software.

My desktop was 24-bit, I changed it to 16, I'm going to try that now.

Comment

Well I tried changing the colour depth, and now I've got a smooth game... but without textures now.
        However, that friend of mine with the G400 already had his desktop set to 16-bit, and it still runs at 1/2 fps.

Comment

Working...
        X