Klingon Academy and G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klingon Academy and G400

Has anyone else played Klingon Academy on the G400? On my MAX I get these little white dots on the screen after a few minutes of gameplay. The fix in the readme did not work. Has anyone found a way around this problem?

I've had the game for over a month being the webmaster of a games site. I too have a G400 and get the white spots all over the center of the screen. I tried the fix too, no help.

What driver version are you running? I'm using 6.00, maybe 5.52 or 5.41 work better?

------------------
    ABIT BF6, Pentium III SL35D 450MHz -> 630MHz, 192MB PC100 SDRAM @ 140MHz, Toshiba 6X DVD, Quantum Fireball Plus KA, Quantum Fireball ST,
    Matrox Millenium G400 DH @ 160/200, Creative SBLive Value, 3Com Fast Etherlink XL PCI
    Supermicro SC701A ATX 300watt TurboCool PC Power & Cooling PS, Panasonic Panasync S17
    Last edited by dneal; 20 May 2022, 08:54.

Comment

I have a Max and have had the same white dots on the screen.
      Real shame as it looks to be a good game, lets hope they can get a fix out that does work.

Comment

What I have noticed is what looks like stars bleeding through objects. Could this just be an attempt at trying to simulate interstellular dust particles? If you watch the shows and movies you not only see the stars in the back ground but you see things closer to the ships as they move usually know as interstellular dust particles. Then again it may just be a bug in the program.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Well, I discovered a fix for KA, but it's only temporary. When the white dots start to appear, pause the game and ALT-TAB out to windows. When you return to the game, the dots are gone. Sometimes they come right back, but I've had them stay gone for over an hour. Hey, It's better than nothing. Later y'all!!

Comment

The patch is out for KA now but has not fixed this problem (I've tried it). I've raised it with Interplay ('By Gamers For Gamers') support, but after an initial 'Reinstall directX' e-mail they've not responded in 2 week despite reminders every few days. I wouln't bother but I really like this game. Anyone else have luck sorting this problem out?

Comment

Anybody ever figure out the little white dot cursor problem?

--------------------
              ABIT BF6, Pentium III Katmai @663MHz, GW VOS32 Cooler, 256MB Crucial 7E SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus LM, Matrox G400 DH@160/200, Enlight 7237, 300watt TurboCool PS, and some fun with a Dremel!
              Last edited by Heiney; 20 May 2022, 10:43.

Comment

Working...
              X