No announcement yet.

Q3 artifacts with latest G400 drivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3 artifacts with latest G400 drivers.

Win2k, 384megs ram, CUSL2, G400 32mb

Well the light in q3tourney1 is easy to reproduce, course 32/32 takes way too much of a performance hit so I use 16/32 at best.

The other is Q3DM5
    on this map go to the part where you see the ceiling fans, now make sure the long wall is on your right, move around and you see some artifacts on the wall it looks like blackness or something, hard to describe, but I can reproduce it everytime no problem.

Q3 settings:
    Everything is set to max with
    bilinear
    16 bit color depth
    32 bit textures

The artifacts are minor but still a reminder that the ICD is still not as good as the compititions

thank you and good night
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Err... so you LIKE making your frame rates drop? That's the only reason I can think of to turn on 32-bit textures on a 16-bit display.

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Can you post a screenshot?

Comment

I don't have a web site to link a picture to this forum to show a screen shot.

You should be able to reproduce it very easy.

Comment

I made screenshots for some reason they come out darker than they appear in the game so I had to change the gamma on them.

I'll be happy to send them to whoever can post them on here.

Thanks.

Comment

Send them to me, I'll post them.

my email is spazm@gmx.net

Spazm
              P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

I don't remember seeing those things in my Quake 3, but I didn't pay that much attention to it.

Do you have the same bug if you set the color depth to 32 bits and the textures to 16bits.... that's my setting.... but i'm in 1024*768....

Spazm
                P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Thanks, Spazm

Comment

I noticed those weirdness in Alice demo (Q3A engine), but I don't have those problems in regular Q3A and Team Arena demo.

Galvin: Did you try Team Arena demo to see if you get those?
                    Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

I don't know what Alice demo is never heard of it, this is Q3a patch 1.17, it happens in multiplayer as well. The one in q3dm5 I noticed when the wall flickered as I past it so I checked it out.

The thing with the lights doesn't happen every time but it happens sometimes for the whole game, sometimes when I start the game again I may not get the light artifacts, but q3dm5 I always get that.

Comment

Galvin, http://meccaworld.com/templates/games.asp?title=Alice if you want to try Alice demo.
                        Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

If you ever have other pics to post like this Galvin send them to me with the URL of the thread. I'll check if I have those artifacts on my PC in a couple of mins. I'll try differents setting so maybe I'll find what make's this.

Spazm

Comment

Well, I've done many test, but they all do these artifacts so I tried to see why. The reason is that you see between the polygons... maybe because their engine doesn't support round corners to well because it only happend when there's a round corner. There's nothing we can do about it.

For the flickering wall.... I had tried this map about 30mins. and I didn't saw any wall flickering, maybe it has been corrected in the version 1.25y....

I suggest you that you change the color depth to 32 and the textures to 16.... I had a better image quality with these settings and check for the wall maybe this will correct your problem.

If this doesn't work.... upgrade your Quake 3 to 1.25y it has a lot of bugs corrected and it is visually a little better.

Spazm

Comment

I sent in more snapshots, the errors in the floor look very much like what I used to see in quake2.

When I used the radeon last week I didn't notice any such artifacts. Maybe the next OGL driver release will fix these.

Comment

Working...
                              X