Max G400 and MechWarrior4.Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max G400 and MechWarrior4.Possible?

I have read many posts with folks having problems with DX8! I have a BX board,P3600,128mg ram. So far my G400 does OK in most of the games;Q3,UT,Halflife etc. I don't want to mess up though and to play MW4 I must use DX8! Please Advise...over

I have not played MW4, but I do have DX8 on my G400 system (since the day it was publicly released), and have had no problems with it.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Works fine here too... Stuck on a level near the end tho..

------------------
      AsusP3B-F,iCel466, 256mgsPC133,G40032megSH, Diamond MX300,13.5gigs of HD's,52X CDrom,WinME, PD 5.41 w/ 6.10ICD,Altec Lansing ATP3Subwoofer,
      Envision 17",Terrayon Cable modem w/D-Link nic,1 grey cat,1 black cat & 1 calico
      AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

no problems with DX 8 here, too!
        my system:

AMD XP 2000+
        Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
        512MB SDRAM133
        Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
        Windows XP Prof

Comment

DX8 runs great on a REAL operating system. Just upgrade to Win2k and not only will your machine run just fine, you'll get a 25% speed boost in Direct3D!

Ok ok, just poking at ya. The real answer is that most of the people with horror stories about DX8 did something wrong. It's just fine with a G400. Maybe they have old drivers for something in their system? I've heard lots of people with Sound Blaster Live! cards had problems with DX8. Of course, they weren't using the latest drivers.

- Gurm

------------------
          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X