How do I reinstall DX7a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I reinstall DX7a

I don't want to upgrade to DX8, but want to reinstall DX7a...how do I do that..and where can I find DX7a to reinstall?

thanks

bongo, try using this.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Did you install Dx8.0 already?

If so, you could try the uninstall procedure that is in this old thread

The other option is only to reinstall Windows. If you use Win98SE or WinME, you could be higher up already.

But by trying to download and install DirectX from Microsoft, you will find it impossible to install over an existing Dx8.0 version

One extra thought: Look at any CD's you have lying around. Most new games come with Dx7.0a, as will most CD's or DVD's that gaming magazines strap on their magazine!

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

if you simply want to reinstall dx7a try looking on your hdd for dx7aeng application & run it. had to do this once to sort out my joystick problems as instructed by dx diagnostic tool.

Comment

Best way to get rid of DirectX 8 is still a Windows reinstall.
          I used DirectX Uninstaller, it did remove it and let me reinstall DX 7.0a but after that all my games displayed corrupted images.

Comment

quoted from Admiral: "Best way to get rid of DirectX 8 is still a Windows reinstall".
            I agree but bongo is unclear as to whether he has actually installed dx8 & wants to go back to dx7a!

Comment

"I don't want to upgrade to DX8, but want to reinstall DX7a..."

You're right ayoub, from that you'd figure he has something in between... perhaps a beta version of DX8 ?
              bongo: What version of DX is installed on your PC ?

Comment

There´s an old-fashined rough way to do it that always work. Fire up Dxdiag, write down (on paper) the name and path of all directx files, boot in DOS mode and do a good use of the DEL command.
                Starting up windows after that will usually make it panic in some strange way, but if you have dx7aeng.exe at hand it will install DX7a.

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 08 December 2000).]

Comment

put the names in a batch file while still in windows
                  amd k62-350 @400 - tyan trinity 100AT 1590s - 128mb sdram - wd 10gb 5400/u33 - g200 8mb sgram agp - sb16pro isa - Realtek 8029 NIC -

Comment

put the names in a batch file while still in windows
                    amd k62-350 @400 - tyan trinity 100AT 1590s - 128mb sdram - wd 10gb 5400/u33 - g200 8mb sgram agp - sb16pro isa - Realtek 8029 NIC -

Comment

thnks fellows, and your solutions worked..this forum is the BEST!

Comment

Working...
                      X