X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice G400 Fix

Saw this at www.3dgw.com:

If you're playing the Alice demo and have a Matrox G400, you may be having problems with the menus and game screens showing up. If you see a black screen with grey squares after the logo animations end, you've got this problem.

You can fix this by changing the following entry in your config.cfg file. It's in the demo or base directory where you installed Alice. Change the value in the following line from 0 to 1. The game should work fine at that point.

set r_ext_compiled_vertex_array "1"

This problem will also appear in the full version of Alice. The workaround is the same. A future version of the Matrox drivers should address this issue.

There are also reports of low framerates using G400's. If you're having problems with this, email me with details.
    amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

hehe, somebody doesn't read the forums...
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Electric Amish: Psst...
      http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004546.html
      Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

Yup.
        3dgw got that bit of helpful news from Rouge Entertainment's pages.
        Rouge Entertainment got the fix from these forums (thanks to Antdude )
        This info has also been posted on MURC's news page for almost 2 days

Follow the link Antdude posted for the real thread about this topic, including input from the game maker themselves...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 05 December 2000).]
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X