SmartRender Inside look @

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmartRender Inside look @

Ok I can see how Smartrender works. Below I copied from MUG page http://www.mugcentral.com .
    All about SmartRender...
    Hints to using SmartRender
    To get SmartRender to work at its best, you need to make sure you do the following.
     Set your project and preview properties to be the same as your source file properties, such as 640x480, 29.97fps. If you are not sure, check the properties of the files you capture, and then use the WIZARD in the Video Editor New dialog box. It's a good thing the Wizard, make it your friend.
     If you think SmartRender is plain dumb and doesn't work, I challenge you to this simple litmus test.
    1. Create a new project based on the properties of your source files and drop in a clip.
    2. Hit Enter (Preview on the Navigator)
    What you should see is a gray preview window and the cursor racing along the timeline. If you see frames, then you are rendering - Stop. This indicates that the file dropped into the timeline does not share the same properties as your project or your preview settings. Use the Wizard and start again.
    Tip: If you are using the Miro DC 30, it captures in Field Order B – not A!
    Some things to be aware of when using SmartRender:
     The playlist that is created when you perform a preview is stored in RAM. When you perform an Undo function in MediaStudio Pro this clears it from RAM. This can be an inconvenience, as it means the program will create another preview file of any changes. We're sorry, and are working on it for the next version.
     We often speak of SmartRender as being "changes-only" rendering. Well, that is a bit of a misnomer. It should be read as clip-changes. Why, because if you happen to trim just one frame from a 10 second clip, making it 9 seconds 29 frames, MediaStudio Pro will render the entire clip. The reason is that the program looks at the in and out points on a clip and if one changes, no matter by how many frames, the program determines that something has happened and that it needs to be rendered.
     The Play button [Space] on the Navigator is not the same as the Preview button [Enter]. You generally get poorer playback performance as this does not create a playlist like Preview. If you get dropped frames, use Preview, not Play.

Now it goes to saying that it only re-renders clips that have any changes.

Originally the project must be render first or not. Read line 1). And 2). Above.

Now my question is when this occurs are the clips recompressed even more or are they simply duplicated onto this new (edited) clip created.

I have experience resolution problems with a short 15 min video that I made.
    Some of the areas I had made previews (using MJPEG Prev Setings) on the final rendered project looked blocky ( as if they were 352x240);
    Inferior quality as the rest of the video.
    I used MSP 2.5 VE edition.
    Captured 704x480 using RR remote.
    Rendered at 704x480 mjpeg to output to tape.
    ?
    How about DV, How does this incorporate into MSP.
    When you capture DV video using Firewire and edit the clips; what are you supposed to use as a compression setting for DV to use DV out to camera?.

Working...
X