[MU] UT'ers and TFC'ers unite!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MU] UT'ers and TFC'ers unite!!

and join me in a game of Unreal Fortress.

Yes this is blatant pimpage cos I'm one of the developers

[EDIT] Ok, I can write code for a UT mod, but I can't handle a simple UBB url tag

[This message has been edited by Raptor^ (edited 30 November 2000).]

Your one of the developers? Thats damn cool!
    I actually downloaded it on Teusday, I just haven't burned it onto CD yet to take home. This convinces me to do so though.

Ian
    Dakkon[MU]
    Primary System:
    MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
    120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
    Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
    Seccondary System:
    Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
    3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
    Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
    Tertiary system
    Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
    Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Is there a self install version? When I double clicked the zip it EXPLODED into a million pieces all over my desktop!

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

I played this mod a little the other night. I've never played TFC, but I can only assume that it is similar so these questions are probably elementary. Bear with me.

Can you get other weapons? It seemed to me that when you lock yourself into a particular character mode you only have one weapon other than the pistol.

I saw a thing on the HUD that said I had grenades, but I couldn't find the button that allowed me to use them them.

Can you change characters mid game? I tried to get out of the character that I picked but I had to restart the game.

Who on earth would choose the Medic?

Why does the Sniper rifle Zoom like it does, and why can you not hear the shots while it is zoomed?

I went away from our flag and when I came back there were two auto-machine guns there. Who put them there, and how?

I got the enemies flag, brought it back to our flag and ran over it a hundred times, but the "capture" never registered. When I finally got killed the flag was still in my hand (my dead hand), and the other team returned it. (don't know which map I was in)

Is there a translocator available?

I have a few more, but I'm sure that those of you that are familliar with TFC already have your brains leaking out of your ears. Thanks for the help!

------------------
        If you can't beat 'em, kill 'em with Kindness

Comment

Yeah there is a Umod install version too

Strong possibility of a patch soon tho, so if you're on 56k it might be an idea to wait and just download the new ver.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try it again.

Comment

Can you get other weapons? It seemed to me that when you lock yourself into a particular character mode you only have one weapon other than the pistol.
              We are working on more weapons for the classes, but I don't think there are going to be weapon pickups.

I saw a thing on the HUD that said I had grenades, but I couldn't find the button that allowed me to use them them.
              If you look in the mod menu in UT, theres a new menu item for Unreal Fortress keybinds in there Beware though, it is buggy. Back up your UT user.ini because the UnF keys tend to overwrite the UT ones Then remember that the class specific keys don't work properly in multiplayer right now. You have to make a practice game as the class you want to play and then join the multiplayer game.

Can you change characters mid game? I tried to get out of the character that I picked but I had to restart the game.
              Yes, in the menu item I mentioned there is a class menu setting. This brings up one of those funky ingame menus and lets you change class and do other cool stuff

Who on earth would choose the Medic?
              He can heal people and infect the enemy team (who then infect each other, always fun ). He's the second fastest class in the game and has concussion grenades, which while useful for annoying your enemies can also be used to jump off and fly huge distances.

Why does the Sniper rifle Zoom like it does, and why can you not hear the shots while it is zoomed?
              We though that a UT style sniper rifle might be overpowered for our mod, so we limited the zoom settings and made it harder to pull off a headhsot

I went away from our flag and when I came back there were two auto-machine guns there. Who put them there, and how?
              If you play as the armourer class, you can build a sentry gun from your class menu. It starts of with a single minigun and you can add a rocket launcher, flame thrower or another minigun to it from the menu too
              The armourer can build some other stuff too

I got the enemies flag, brought it back to our flag and ran over it a hundred times, but the "capture" never registered. When I finally got killed the flag was still in my hand (my dead hand), and the other team returned it. (don't know which map I was in)
              In UnF, you don't always cap the flag by taking it to your own flag point. Most of the maps have seperate cap points. On Max-16 for example, the cap point is in the room underneath the flag. Its the yellow hashed circle on the floor.

Is there a translocator available?
              No.

I have a few more, but I'm sure that those of you that are familliar with TFC already have your brains leaking out of your ears.
              There is a manual on the Unreal Fortress Homepage Its accesible from the menu at the top of the screen.

Thanks for the help!
              No Problem Although this is now one monster post....

[EDIT] Missed one

[This message has been edited by Raptor^ (edited 04 December 2000).]

Comment

Working...
              X