Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g450-32-dh+Q3=?

Hi,
    I am not a gamer but would like to try it out. I have Q3 and when I try to play after a few seconds I am dropped to the desktop in some awful resolution and size. Is there an easy way to simply play this game on my computer? Fancy settings ewtc aren't really what I'm looking for, just to be able to play and het a feel for it.
    sys specs:
    K7-900TB
    256 CRucial pc133
    G450-32mb-dh
    MSI-K7pro
    directX 7
    pd 6.13 (off of cd)
    win98se
    any and all help would be appreciated.
    j

what AGP aperture size are you using?

Comment

Are you overclocking? If you are, stop and see if it helps?

Make sure you have adequate cooling, and the PowerSupply is on AMD's recommended list.

Rags

Comment

Hi,
        aperture=128, but no difference (as far as crashing) if set to 64 or 256.
        overclocking? no
        water cooling
        yes AMD approved, 300 watt
        this system is extremely stable doing large graphic rendering files,redrawing some cad work.The only crashes I ever get are sometimes on line with NS 4.75, and my scanner sometimes has a driver hiccup.
        j

Comment

It might help if you install the latest Q3 patch. Also, update to DX 8. Sometimes when you install a game, it messes up your Direct X and you need to reinstall it after the game is installed.

Comment

Hi,
            I read that DX8 might be problematic. Is it or should I just accept m$'s newest as better?
            Is the patch available at ID?(or where)
            j

Comment

Working...
            X