Hexen 2 (Quake 1 engines)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hexen 2 (Quake 1 engines)

I pulled out my old copy of Hexen 2 the other day, wanting to finally play through some of it.

I was expecting to experience an extremely fluid experience, this is the Quake 1 engine for pete's sake.

Matrox' OpenGL driver has let me down again. The game gets excessively jerky at times, and some weapons shots are quite distorted.

I tried the TurboGL (latest) which had no effect, along with the 6.10 standard GL driver.

Monday I popped in a friend's Geforce 2 GTS, he needed me to test it out for him. The Geforce runs the game great, none of my problems. Felt like I was pulling 300 fps, very nice fluid motion. No blotchy messed up weapon effects either.

Anyone know how to get around this? Matrox?

--------------------
    ABIT BF6, Pentium III Katmai @663MHz, GW VOS32 Cooler, 256MB Crucial 7E SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus LM, Matrox G400 DH@160/200, Enlight 7237, 300watt TurboCool PS, and some fun with a Dremel!
    Last edited by Heiney; 20 May 2022, 10:43.

some missing openGL extension acceleration. Try "r_dynamic 0" in the console

Comment

Well that was it. Smooth now.

Pretty sad that the OpenGL driver doesn't support dynamic lighting in the Quake 1 engine..........you'd think they'd have something that old figured out by now.

Comment

Working...
      X