RMA problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMA problem.

Hi is this standard service from Matrox.

I mailed this a week ago and haven't got a reply yet.

europecustomerservice@matrox.com
    Graphics.sales@matrox.com, sales@gandalfdata.dk

Dear Sirs.

In may 1999 I purchased a Marvel G200 graphic card. It seems to have an intermittent failure, all icons disappearing from the desktop now and then. I tried to reinstall the driver; but this didn't help. Then I borrowed a standard G200 card, and the problem is gone.

September 1999 Gandalf Data in Denmark agreed to swap the board, got the RMA # 9418.

Today I called Gandalf Data asking when they expected to ship the new board ! The answer was that I will get my money back, not all the money; but the current price on the Marvel G200. And if I want a replacement i should order it ? My reaction was: Yes, please send me a new one, I still need the functionality of the Marvel G200.

Answer: That is a problem, the product is obsoleted, and the repairshop in Germany dont know when they have finished repairing the pile of Marvel G200 boards.

So, when can I expect to get a working Marvel card.

Answer: It can last from a few weeks to several months.

I have seen the new Marvel G400 announced, why don't you just substitute the 5 months old defective Marvel G200 with the new Marvel G400 ?

Answer: No, I can't do that, it is not the same price, and it is still not available in Denmark.

I know that any electronic board can fail, also the high quality. Leaving the customer without the product he purchased a few month ago, and telling him that if he really want it back, he has to accept an unknown new delivery time - this is not the service I would expect from Matrox.

Looking forward to your answer.

Best regards

Jens Ole Jensen

Hi,

I don't know what the "average" length of an RMA is, as only Matrox will have those statistics.

I'm puzzled about the Marvel not still being produced, I wasn't aware of that (unless you are talking about a PCI Marvel, these were apparently only produced for a few weeks).

If you can email me with the details, I'll send it over to Matrox HQ and ask them to look into it.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris.

Thank you for looking into this.

It is a standard Marvel G200 AGP, purchased may 1999. The Danish distributor is claiming that the Marvel G200 product is obsoleted and they are waiting for the new Marvel G400.

I would be quite satisfied getting my Marvel G200 back working or a replacement; but should like to now when I get it.

The official RMA# 9418.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

Best rgards
      JOJ.

Comment

JOJ,

Please can you send me your email address so that I can pass it on to Matrox Marketing

Thanks

Chris

Comment

Hi.

My E-mail is JOJ@kampsax.dk.

Thank you for looking into this.

Best regards

JOJ

Comment

JOJ,

I already passed the details that you emailed me over to Matrox and got a response to say that they had received them. Please can you keep me in touch with what is happening (or not happening) so that I can chase this

Thanks

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris.

Again thanks for your help. I got a mail from
              europe.online@matrox.com telling me that the Marvel G200 is available for purchase. At the same time the Danish distributor Gandalf Data called me and told that the Marvel G400 was in stock. I decided to pay the difference and got the Marvel G400, which seems to work perfect.

So everybody is happy now

JOJ

Comment

Thanks for the word, JOJ,

I love a happy ending.

Comment

Working...
                X