Win2K TurboGL Drivers missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K TurboGL Drivers missing

It seems that for the 15th time i've reinstalled win2k on my system with the updated matrox win2k drivers,it never includes any turbogl...the one that i tried downloading from the matrox site is not designed for win2k...any ideas on solving the problem?i need to use OGL in HL:CS and i can't do it.

specs:
    AMD Thunderbird 1.5Ghz
    Kingston Fparty 512Mb Rdram
    4x4x32 CDRW
    20x DVDrom
    80GB Maxtor x 3
    20gb IBM x 1 (total 260Gb space)
    Cable modem connection at 1.5mbps
    G400 MAX
    Windows 2000 Pro

Use 1st NT5 drivers for CS.
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

what is 1st nt5 driver?i mean...no TGL at all.....

Comment

is it a problem? HL should work just fine in Win2k

Comment

there is a big problem...with TGL...my HL runs terribly in D3D...mroeover there are some gameplay problems i did not experience in TGL,so i want to use it.but it seems my matrox drivers did not include GL in it

Comment

my HL runs terribly in D3D

so why don't you run it in OpenGL? HL should be run in OpenGL mode in the first place, since the Direct3D mode is nothing more than OpenGL calls converted to Direct3D in this game. That does indeed results into terreble performance.

I still don't see your problem.

Comment

TurboGL is NOT for Win2k. It is for win98/Me only. There is an ICD included in the win2k drivers that allow you to use opengl anyhow, and it works fine.

Rags

Comment

seems that i can't find the ICD in my drivers.i can't use opengl!!~~aghg

Comment

i found g400icd.dll in my system and system3 directory.but i can't seem to get it to work in HL even under opengl.it just says "not supported by card" how do i fix that?

Comment

Make sure your desktop is set to 16bit or 32bit color depth, Dualhead is disabled, and that the G400 is the primary video card with an IRQ assigned to it in the mobo bios.
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

First of all, the ONLY thing you need to do with the files is just install them, you do this when you run the driver install, and it happens all automagically.

Second, make sure that TGL isn't somewhere in your HL folder. Just look in you Half-Life folder for opengl32.dll, and rename it if you find it.

Third, make sure you have dualhead disabled.

Fourth, make sure you desktop is set to 16bit or 32bit colordepth in DisplayProperties/settings. NOT 24!

You should be good to go with all of the above checked off.

Rags

Comment

BTW, I forgot to ask, you didn't move or copy that g400ICD.dll to anyhwhere, did you? It's home is in your system directories. From the looks of things, it seems you may have installed windows over itself a few times if you have "system","system2","system3" directories.

Rags

Comment

i did just that.what happened?HL hanged....man what's with my system...the ICD file is not in my HL folder,and it only has the defaults.i configured it all ack to defaults,and still....nope,not working HL in GL

Comment

There is no opengl32.dll in your HL folder?

Comment

in win2k the g400icd.dll file is in my c:\winnt\system32\ folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X