PD6.10, OGL, STV:EF & clipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD6.10, OGL, STV:EF & clipping?

Two screenshots I hope can be seen clearly, which I made walking through a corridor. A multi-coloured wall showing up to my right... Yikes!!

I've seen more of this clipping in STV:EF, using the 6.10 drivers, OGL, 1024x768, 32bit colour, trillenear filtering.

Here's shot 1:

and shot 2:

Did any of you out there with a vanilla G400, PD6.10 and STV:EF see anything alike this?

Btw, about STV:EF, I think they switched the easy and normal levels around

I played Normal before I started Easy, and Easy is much more difficult

P.S: STV:EF means Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 21 November 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

I´ve seen it in other games (like half-life). Yes it´s a bit annoying. I don´t really know why the problem hasn´t been risen sooner (maybe because timedemos run too fast ).

But try to run 3D winbench quality tests and see what I am trying to say

Comment

First disable dynamic lights in game options, it will reduce some of the clipping.
      Second, did you optimize your GL driver for speed, if so switch back to defaults, slower but less clipping.
      Third, you can use TGL (manually install), as fast as the ICD optimised for speed, no glitches in the game, only problem, can't see the movies.

I'm using the ICD optimized for speed.

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited 22 November 2000).]

Comment

Lost the clipping for the moment by disabling dynamic lights, but then again, I'm in the Borg Cube...

Thanks Andrei, for the idea

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Its true that the latest ICD from Matrox does have some clipping problems, but...

I've found the latest ICD to be faster (In Quake3 Demo Test, anyway) than the TurboGL in lower resolutions, most noteably in 640x480, so much more than the ICD in PD 5.52 that I've come to the conclusion that Matrox has finally included SSE/3DNow optimizations in the ICD for the 6.xx driver series. Anyone care to verify?

PS: I also believe that the overall colour in the latest ICD is better then the TurboGL. The downside being of PD6.10 being the "white edges" between textures in SOF are still annoying, but fewer in comparison to 6.04/6.01.

------------------
          Abit BH6 r1.01
          Celeron2-566 o/c to 850MHz+Slotket!!! 1.8v
          256 Megs PC-133 Cas3
          Matrox G400 SH OEM (not oc'd) rev=03h
          Diamond Monster Sound MX400
          ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

Working...
          X