BIOS Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS Update

Can someone tell me how to update my G400's BIOS? I downloaded the new setup302.exe. I read the readme which told me to run PBIOSWIN.exe and just click Update BIOS, but everytime I do my computer just locks up. Is their a way to update the BIOS thru DOS? The old fashioned way? Thank You.

-DeFrag

PS: I have a g400 regular not DH
    Tekram P6B40-A4X
    Intel 440BX Chipset
    128 Meg 100mhz RAM
    Pentium III 450mhz
    Matrox Millenium G400 32m
    DirectX 7.0a
    SB Live! Value
    Windows98 SE
    300w power supply
    IRQ's

Don't bother. Load windows and run the windows flash utility for updating the card's BIOS. The utility will autodetect the correct BIOS and flash it (I think it was) 6 times. Then simply reboot, and your set.

This way you don't have to worry about if your flashing the card with th correct BIOS.

Anyway, I did it the windows way and it works just fine - unless, of course, you
    running an OS like Be or Linux... then I guess you'll have use the dos disk. The BIOS file my card used is 899-19.bin (no TV). If I remember correctly, progbios requires that use dos4wg.exe make sure you have that in the same directory when flashing.

As always, good luck.
    PeterV
    ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

taken from the FAQ at matrox website.

- To update the BIOS on your video card you will need to download the appropriate file for your card from our Drivers section / Unified BIOS.

- For the newer BIOS files for the G200 and G400 cards, you will simply need to extract the file on your hard drive, then go into the folder and double click on the file called UBIOSWIN and follow the instructions.

Comment

Working...
      X