Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP! I don't want to get rid of my Matrox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP! I don't want to get rid of my Matrox!

I love my G400 MAX. I love the color quality and I especially love the factthat WHEN it works right, it's the nicest video card out there. HOWEVER. I cannot get it to run any openGL games since I installed Win2K Pro! I really only play Q3A and Counter Strike. I REALLY want to get them working right! Q3A doesn't play at all, and Counter Strike only works in the crappy software mode! What can I do? I have the latest 5.14 drivers installed. Thanks!!!

---------------------------------------

PIII 667MHz on Tyan Trinity 400 S1854 (latest drivers installed)
    SB live X-gamer
    256 MB PC133
    SCSI HD and DVD ROM
    PIII 667MHz
    Tyan S1854 mobo, 256MB PC133
    Matrox G400 MAX, SB Live! X-gamer
    SCSI DVD-ROM, 18GB SCSI HD

The thing that sticks out to me in your post is that you "Switched" to win2k. This means to me that you upgraded or are dualbooting. In either case, check in your Q3A and HL folders for a file called opengl32.dll, if it's in those folders, then delete it.

Rags

Comment

And what about DX8 for this guy?
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Nothing supports DX8. It is as always possibly a help, but unlikely.

Comment

Plus, the "latest" drivers are the 5.20's.

- Gurm

------------------
          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Sorry about the confusion guys. I did a completely clean install of Win2K from a newly formatted HD, I do have DX8, and I have the latest CERTIFIED drivers. That is something that always confuses me. Should I get the drivers from the "latest drivers" section or the WHQL drivers section on Matrox's website? Thanks again!!!

------------------
            PIII 667MHz
            6x/32x SCSI DVD-ROM, 10,000RPM 18GB SCSI HD
            PIII 667MHz

Comment

You did a fresh install of your OS, but did you re-install those games, or restore them from a backup from before you reformatted?

If from a backup, check Rags suggestion.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I did a fresh install of everything. Win2K, all software, I have the latest drivers for everything (except maybe Matrox), and all the other software works fine with Win2K. It's probably the most compatible operating system I've used. I'm wondering if it could have something to do with my system BIOS settings too. What do you think? Thanks!
                PIII 667MHz

Comment

You should be using the latest 5.20 drivers. Those were the first that allowed me to play Half Life in OpenGL mode, and I've been loving it ever since.

The WHQL drivers tend to be somewhat to very out of date.

Comment

WHQL drivers are just ones microsoft has had the time to go over- Thats all. Get the ones with the newest date on them and screw WHQL.

Comment

Working...
                    X