Red Alert 2 question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Alert 2 question...

Hi, can anyone tell me how to do a full installation? I don't think I have seen this option... Just "install".

Thanks
    Salmonius

The regular install installs everything but the music and videos. Those they take from the CD. I don't know if copying them down to the hard drive will allow the game to use them or not, as I have never tried.

The reason why there are 2 CD's is because Westwood likes to use video cut scenes a lot. So that takes up the majority of the CD. Plus each CD has the full install files. If you want to do a full install, I suggest just copying down the music files.

BTW, Just finished RA 2 on Wednesday. That's such an awesome game.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I don't even think you want the video's on your harddrive. They are DVD quality, best run from the CD. Next to the music, it's about the only thing read from the CDs..

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi, thanks. That's actually what I thought, it's just that I got this crack so that I won't need the CD anymore and it says I have to full install. So I uninstalled because it didn't work and I didn't remember if I had done a full install or not.

I hate games that need the CD. They all do, but at least there are cracks for almost any game.
        Salmonius

Comment

Working...
        X