Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BG 2 Still no 32bit textures for the max????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG 2 Still no 32bit textures for the max????

Greets!

Im playing Baldurs gate 2.

Im quite curious to why I cant play the game with 32 bit textures turned on, in 800x600?

It works in 640x480.
    I should have the muscles to play this game at the top settings, but my g400max prevents me from doing that. Im wondering wheter anybody knows of a fix for this? Surely the G400max should be able to show 32bit textures??
    Or is this the old bug that still havent been fixed... :-(

~~DukeP~~

Win2000
    P3@850MHz 256mb Creative Live G400max
    Newest drivers (naturaly).

Umm... works for me?

- Gurm

------------------
    Gurm's better half.
    Gurm's better half.

Comment

Ur using win2000?

3d acceleration?

Newest (beta?) drivers for G400max??

Comment

Yes, yes, and yes.

The only known issues with BG2 are:

- Flickering fades (fixable by forcing page flipping)
        - Corrupted graphics on the "level loading" screen (I personally don't have this, but other G400 owners do).

Lots of us play this, with no problems. Do you have any issues with any other games? You can start a troubleshooting in this thread. What are your IRQ's, stuff in system, etc. etc.

- Gurm

P.S. Just a thought - since it works at 640x480, but not 800x600... are you sure you have your monitor set up correctly? And have you tried it at higher resolutions?

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 05 November 2000).]
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Hmm. This is really strange.
          Im using powerdesk version 6.11.030.(5.11.017).

I have no problems in any other games. My monitor is installed as Default monitor.

When testing for the higher resolutions, I DOnT get the 3 coloured squares, instead I get the upper left corner of one greyish square, with one black square filling the rest of the screen (Like a black and white ZOOM on the correct colored ones).

When I then tried to run the game at the 640x480 where it WOULD work under test, the game just exits to desktop - before asking anything.

Disabling 3d allows the highest settings of everything.

PLease, more suggestions!

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Do U have the: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" -> "SYSTEM" -> "CurrentControlSet" ->
            "Services" -> "mgau" or "g200" or "g400" -> "Device0" Line?

I was trying to installe the fix for 15bit colors (trying everything). In my reg, I dont have any of the mentioned settings above. I have 2: MGA64 and MGABG The DeviceO line is found under the MGA64. This might just be an old error in the readme.txt file, found under the information panel of the grafix card - but then again.. =)

With expectations of getting this to work,

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Try this...

Download the newest drivers (5.14 is the newest, not 5.11), make sure to uninstall your drivers 100%, and reinstall the 5.14's.

Then, make sure your monitor is listed as what it actually is. "default monitor" is what windows puts when it can't idenfity a monitor, which is bad.

To uninstall, you must run the pduninst.exe which is found in either your winnt or winnt\system32 directories. That will get rid of the installed drivers. Then you can run setup.exe from the new drivers (make sure to do that, not to let windows detect it).

Give all that a shot and report back.

- Gurm

------------------
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Right as Rain!

I dont know why I had downloaded the new drivers, but installed th eold ones???

But now it works like a charm.. Nicely spotted that one!

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Glad to help.

What do you think of BG2 vs. BG1 and/or IWD?

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

I find it a bit "Messy".

I think that the new classes etc lack the proper introduction in the manual - as well as a proper "fit" in the engine itelf.

As for the quests.. I have allready joined up for far more quest than I can manage to keep track of. I only hoepe that they do not have an expiration date..

AS for how far I have gotten? Well I got my own keep now....

=)

~~DukeP~~

Comment

The extra classes were a necessary compromise. Be glad they didn't all of a sudden switch to core rules 3.

As for the quests, aren't they logged in your logbook? That was one of my favorite improvements in Torment - the fact that your quests and their completion status were documented.

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

I happen to LIKE 3ed..
                        =)

I might grow to like BG2 as well... Need to play a bit more.

Yes, the Journal does help a bit.. Not much, tho - sometimes it just isnt giving me the right info..

And where and when should I take those lousy acrons??

=)

~~DukeP~~

Comment

YAY!

I just updated my MAX bios and the problem in the game went away. There's a new BIOS update on the Matrox FTP, strange that it haven't been posted about here.

The problem I had was that the game seemed to run in 256 colours when I enabled 3D mode.
                          That is fixed now.

Comment

The BIOS update fixed the problem? I've been running with Powerdesk 6.04 and ONLY had a problem while running in hardware mode in 32 bit. If the BIOS update will fix the problem with hardware support, you just made my day.

Comment

Was that the 203 or the 109?

The 109 contains the g400 bios 1.625

The other one I havent tried yet.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Working...
                              X