Help! where's my openGL gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! where's my openGL gone?

TurboGL: Rightpress the monitor icon in your system-tray and you'll find the TGL manager there.

As for OGL, go to C:\Windows\System\ and copy the OpenGL32.dll to your Q3 directory (where exactly? You have to overwrite your existing Opengl32.dll with it.(DO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE ORIGINAL OPENGL32.DLL... or rename it ) I think you also need to copy the G400ICD.dll to this directory.

I hope this works... don't know if you need to change something in the registry.

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 01 November 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

Ok, Thank you for your reply
    but...
    if it were that simple i think i could get it
    I swear, if i right or left click on both of the monitor icons in the system tray (the setting icon and the quickdesk icon) i don't get any TGL or OGL manager

Further, i don't understand where to put opengl32.dll in the q3 dir, I don't see anything to overwrite...

I really don't know what to do!
    HELP!

Thanks for your patience!

Comment

that's odd! perhaps your 5.52 driver download was incomplete or corrupted as ogl manager should be there. a reinstallation of a new set of 5.52 drivers may be the answer. you should be able to get TGL1.3 from the matrox site. any special reason why you're not using the latest 6.04 drivers?

Comment

Make sure your desktop's color depth is set to 16 or 32, not 24.

Rags

Comment

"TurboGL: Rightpress the monitor icon in your system-tray and you'll find the TGL manager there."

ONLY if you have installed TurboGL, which is separate from the drivers.
          If TGL has not been installed, you will not see this option.

"As for OGL, go to C:\Windows\System\ and copy the OpenGL32.dll to your Q3 directory (where exactly? You have to overwrite your existing Opengl32.dll with it.(DO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE ORIGINAL OPENGL32.DLL... or rename it ) I think you also need to copy the G400ICD.dll to this directory."

BAD answer! By doing this, you are messing with windows OpenGL. You either want NO OpenGL32.dll in your Q3 folder, which should make the game use the Windows OpenGL32.dll and G400ICD.dll, or you want the TurboGL version of OpenGL32.dll in the q3 folder. Either way, you don't want g400icd.dll in your q3 folder. Leave the .dll files in your windows/system folder alone!
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Help! where's my openGL gone?

Hi guys!
            I have a very simple problem, many of you could find it a bit silly too but... I don't know what to do... The fact is:
            once i could run Quake3 Arena, but after a full format and reisntall, It doesn't work at all; it seems i haven't got any OpenGL driver! I've installed 5.52 drivers for my G400 Sh 16Mb, but where's the openGL driver? where can i get it?
            and what about TurboGL? where can i get that too?
            Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

Thanks Kruzin, noted
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

For example, to force TurboGL into GLQuake, take the TurboGL dll, rename it to opengl32.dll and put it in your Quake folder.

Comment

Alec,he's using the 5.52 drivers which when coupled with TGL can be used via the turbo gl manager to insert the ogl32.dll painlessly into the quake directory without having to manually put it in.

Comment

Hi, Kruzin, can you help me, please?
                    It should be very simple:
                    I just need to know how and where to get an openGL driver and/or ('and' is better ) a turboGL driver;
                    and how to install and manage them.

This will probably look very simple to you but trust me, 1) i really have got no idea on what to do and 2) I have no idea on why it was not included in the 5.52 drivers i downloaded from matrox site!!

My card is a G400 SH 16MB and i use Windows 98 SE.

Thank you VERY much for help!

Comment

The OpenGL ICD is included with those drivers. If it isn't working, you should read my previous post to make sure you aren't missing something as simple as that.

Rags

Comment

As Rags said, the Gx00 drivers have OpenGL support built into them. Check what he suggested. Also be aware that OpenGL games won't work with DualHead enabled, and your G400 must have an IRQ (prefferable 9 or higher) assigned to it.

TurboGL is available right here at MURC in the dowloads section,and at Matrox's site in the driver download area. This includes the TurboGL manager which will find supported games, and allow you to choose which ones you do/don't want to use TGL with. TGL will allow you to run in DualHead mode while gaming, but you still must be at 16 or 32bit color, and have an IRQ assigned to the card.
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ok, I downloaded 6.04 drivers again from matrox site and finally the openGL drivers is there and seems to work, but Quake3 makes my system hang just after a few minutes of playing.

I'm using 16bit color depth (I never use 24 bit).

my specs:

PIII 600EB Coppermine;
                          Asus P3V4X with bios 1005 and VIA 4in1 4.24 (VxD driver installed in turbo mode);
                          128Mb pc133 RAM;
                          Matrox G400 SH 16Mb with 6.04 drivers and bios 1.6-25;
                          SoundBlaster 128 PCI;
                          HD Samsung UDMA66 20GB;
                          Lucent internal PCI Winmodem;
                          Monitor Olidata MR1706 (17") with its proper driver;
                          CDROM and CD-RW on secondary ide channel;
                          Nothing in the 1st pci slot under the agp;
                          no IRQ sharing (except for pci steering);

OS: Windows 98 SE with latest patches and updates from Microsoft installed;
                          IE 5.5;
                          DirectX 7.0a

Video Memory Cache Mode is set to 'UC' in the bios
                          AGP Aperture Size is set to 64Mb.

Any suggestion?
                          Thank you for anything you can do!

Comment

Orzouei, try increasing your AGP aperture to 128 or even 256 to see if it makes any difference. additionally you may get a slight performance boost if you set video memory cache mode to USWC instead of UC.

Comment

I've tried, but Quake 3 still makes my system hang.

I'm playing and after a few minutes everything stops, except for music: the system doesn't respond to any action, but i contiunue to hear the music.
                              All I can do is reboot.

Any idea on where the problem is?

Comment

Working...
                              X